Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Website!

Options
  • 17-02-2012 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi all,

Working for a startup social media analytics company out here in California.

www.momentfeed.com

Have a meeting coming up to brainstorm on ways to improve the site -

Any and all feedback/Notes/Ideas appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

No phone number on Contact Page

Also I would like the Mf Slides to open a window that i can clearly see what your selling.. Mf slides as presented are 1 inch high.. Perhaps opening a 6 inch Closable window that can display what is being offered before i click though it to see the pitch ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

Thanks Apprentice appreciate the feedback - that blow up slide idea is a good one!

as a Seo marketer in some ways i would think of purchasing something like this in the near future..

Check out hootsuite .. U can double click there portfolio and it opens a window.. Might give a better insight into the package before u go through all that jazz of a demo etc !!

A pre intro haha ?

cheers

Hootsuite is somewhat a competitor but we're more so @ the Local engagement level - so people checking into venues on FB/ Foursquare that type of thing!

I checked out Hootsuite's website a Good bit - definitely some stuff there we can copy and make our own!

Thanks for that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

gags89 wrote: »
    Hootsuite is somewhat a competitor but we're more so @ the Local engagement level - so people checking into venues on FB/ Foursquare that type of thing!

I checked out Hootsuite's website a Good bit - definitely some stuff there we can copy and make our own!

Thanks for that!

Your site is not mobile browser friendly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

very me too look about that template you are using, as soon as I saw it i thought of this site http://sendgrid.com/

and also in the team profiles you have the dreaded "reach out" term....

Thanks guys , all good feedback!

I think the dreaded 'reach out' term is more so a Yank thing!

Some amount of corporate bullsh*t out here :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Nice modern look website.
    Get that banner to auto rotate though and/or maybe swap it out for something that will also let you play a video in one of the slides.

Your photos are too small.....lots of print thrown at someone on a page is hard to get into right off the bat on websites like this.
    Straplines that give people at a glance the main advantages of using your services.

I would also swap out the background on the banner for something more specific to appeal to your area.
    The background is nice but a bit too generic.
    Reduce the size of the text and leave width 50-50 with the size of each graphic.
    For your partnerships put their logos beside the headlines to grab peoples attention.

Its good though.

As you are now working in Tech stuff in Cala you do realise that we expect you to come back within a year and tell us you are working out of an Open Plan Office that has huge monitors, a Basketball Court and a PS3 for each employee to inspire their creative juices on downtime/lunch.

I mean whats the point in working in Cala unless you aspire to such superficial stuff right??

Nice modern look website.
    Get that banner to auto rotate though and/or maybe swap it out for something that will also let you play a video in one of the slides.

Your photos are too small.....lots of print thrown at someone on a page is hard to get into right off the bat on websites like this.
    Straplines that give people at a glance the main advantages of using your services.

I would also swap out the background on the banner for something more specific to appeal to your area.
    The background is nice but a bit too generic.
    Reduce the size of the text and leave width 50-50 with the size of each graphic.
    For your partnerships put their logos beside the headlines to grab peoples attention.

Its good though.

As you are now working in Tech stuff in Cala you do realise that we expect you to come back within a year and tell us you are working out of an Open Plan Office that has huge monitors, a Basketball Court and a PS3 for each employee to inspire their creative juices on downtime/lunch.

I mean whats the point in working in Cala unless you aspire to such superficial stuff right??

Hahaha thanks for the notes - its good to rely on home for some outside thinking!

Our site is done on wordpress and will be so If anyone has any good online tutorials/courses links please drop them below!

I actually left last June, i graduated in business and always had an interest in social media so came here to Santa Monica, LA which has begun to be coined Silicon beach

As for the Californian living...Im afraid its all true, I'm on the business side, not much coding knowledge but Im blessed with 2 screens (still feel like im in star trek), a office 3 blocks from the beach, wide screen TVs, a putting green and a beach cruiser.

Its great Ireland is beginning to turn itself into a tech hub - Im a member of the ITLG out here, some great contacts to be made here to hopefully bring Jobs home, or to spring me off for my own project in a few years time.

If anyone in tech was thinking about moving out here - I'm happy to help out.

• Advertisement

Are you irish gags.. ?? Moving out there would be a dream come true for me.

Your site is not mobile browser friendly!

I've long been bringing this one up!

Are you irish gags.. ?? Moving out there would be a dream come true for me.

Yes Apprentice I am, Templeogue, Dublin born and raised...until my parents cruelly moved to Wexford and left me to fend for myself in college!

Engineers are like golddust out here. If you have any questions at all, visas, job hunt etc, just PM me, happy to help!

Advertisement