Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-licence stocking European beers.

Options
  • 17-02-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone.

Can anyone recommend a good off licence that stocks a decent range of European beers? I'm looking to pick up a few bottles of the Belgian beer Duvel in particular.

Any info would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Hey everyone.

Can anyone recommend a good off licence that stocks a decent range of European beers? I'm looking to pick up a few bottles of the Belgian beer Duvel in particular.

Any info would be great. Thanks.

Always find O Brien's to be pretty decent. Helpful staff and do some decent offers also.

Not sure if they stock Duvel but I would imagine they would as it is a popular enough beer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

McCambridges on Shop Street have a decent range too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I'll check out both. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭muchacho

I am pretty sure Tesco sell Duvel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Unfortunately Tesco stopped stocking Duvel (used to be €2; great bargain).

O Brien's does have Duvel but their selection could be expanded. Joyces in Knocknacarra recently redid their beer fridge and stocks Duvel. McCambridges should have it and also stocks a few harder to find belgians such as Chimay Triple/Reserve (white/blue respectively).

Anyone know who took over Harvest near the firestation? I wonder what their selection is like.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the replies, will be making a few purchases tonight. Get sick of drinking Heineken sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

newkie wrote: »
    Unfortunately Tesco stopped stocking Duvel (used to be €2; great bargain).

O Brien's does have Duvel but their selection could be expanded. Joyces in Knocknacarra recently redid their beer fridge and stocks Duvel. McCambridges should have it and also stocks a few harder to find belgians such as Chimay Triple/Reserve (white/blue respectively).

Anyone know who took over Harvest near the firestation? I wonder what their selection is like.
    Fine Wines. Their selection is okay, have the usual suspects in terms of the European beers but not as good a selection as Harvest used to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

lohan's in salthill has one of the better selections of good european beers. plenty of belgian ones too

lohan's in salthill has one of the better selections of good european beers. plenty of belgian ones too

Will have a look there. Apt username by the way :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I'm looking to pick up a few bottles of the Belgian beer Duvel in particular.

Twas far from Duvel you were reared.

• Advertisement

Twas far from Duvel you were reared.

Might go on the hunt for bottled Guinness then shall I?

Advertisement