Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Celebrity Apprentice US [Spoilers]

Options
  • 17-02-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭

So this is going to be starting on Sunday night in the US. It's usually a good watch and the cast this year is listed here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_%28U.S._season_12%29

I'll be honest in that I only know about 4 of them from that list but I reckon Penn Jillette will be good on it. Anyone else going to be watching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I prefer the original version (where they get cocky egotistical shits as contestants). :)

I'll still watch this though. I just wish the episodes were a nice tight 45 minutes long instead of 90 minutes of padding.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks for the warning Cherry Cola, hadn't heard a thing about it. Totally agree with Mr E though, the celebrity version is the weaker because of the lenght and all the padding. That being said, some of the bits with Meat Loaf and Gary Busey were hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Yeah they can be a little long alright but according to the wiki there'll be at least two 1 hour condensed versions aired so hopefully they'll become available.

This is one of those shows that I never hear anything about until a few weeks in and only saw it by chance yesterday so I said I'd put it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Meh, boring start. They've figured out its all about their donors so now the challenges are complete window dressing. And it is way too long, it would have been boring in a standard 45 min ep.

They should have made a regular series with unemployed and struggling businesspeople, give them a bit of motivation to succeed in the tasks, watching rich people ring their friends then waiting for someone to show up with the cash is too dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Pretty decent episode this week I thought, plenty drama with both teams really.

I'm surprised Penn was so quiet when Lou called him out, always had him as being a fairly tough guy but I guess I was wrong.

That Lisa one is a tough one too and one to watch I reckon, she can certainly fight her corner anyway.

Diana is unreal looking! I always laugh at the cheesy shots of the receptionist when the fired person is leaving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement