Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation of a Gas Hob on Mains Gas

• 17-02-2012 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello everyone,

I'm about to fit a gas hob in place of an old electric cooker. I have mains gas which at the moment is just supplying the central heating and has no other appliances connected.

So the plan is to T off the incoming mains gas and run a pipe from below the boiler in the utility into the kitchen. Problem is the first guy to price it is insisting the pipes need to go underground, which means a 4 or 5inch deep trench cut through my utility with a pipe running in under the kitchen wall. And there was me thinking I could just drill a hole for the pipe at floor level between kitchen and utility, and run it up the utility wall and along the ceiling then back down to the incoming main feed.

Any RGII folks out there able to offer advice? I was under the impression that it was only external gas piping that had to go underground. God forbid you get a leak in the house, but surely having the pipe accessible is preferable if the worst happened?

Advertisement