Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed on a shoe-string. Looking for felt

• 18-02-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭

Evening folks,

I'm building a shed next week to store some of the junk that we've accumulated over the last few years. It's in the back yard of a rented property and I'll probably have to take it down again when we leave in about 2 years time so I figure there's no point in shelling out lots of money(that I don't have) on getting a high end one. Its slowly but surely turning into a Scrapheap Challenge type of build. Pallets being taken apart and reused, sheets of corrugated iron, old doors etc.

I'm getting help from my father in law who has picked up most of the materials but the one thing we're short is some felt for damp proofing around some of the frame and the roof. If anyone has leftover half rolls of felt lying around in Dublin I'd love to take it off your hands. Happy to pay for it as well, but would just rather use leftover stuff than buying new stuff from the builder suppliers and having half rolls left out the back as well. Only need a few metres really.

Any help appreciated

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hi mark

I am on North Co Dublin and I have a roll of felt, I only need 1/2 to put on my own shed.

You are welcome to 1/2 if you can collect

PM me
    regards

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daniel D

Hi Mark,

We run a roofing company in Artane, Dublin 5 and have lots of felt left over from jobs just lying around in our yard. So If it's just a half roll or so that you need, you'r more than welcome to drop out an pick it up.

Danny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

Hiya Danny

Thanks for the reply. I collected a bit from Martin over the weekend (sound man) that will do the roof and the front wall but if you had another bit going spare I'd use it to cover one of the side walls to put inside the corrugated iron and help keep the moisture out.

I could drop out on Thursday or Friday afternoon if that suited you.

Mark

Advertisement