Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi/Lidl whisky

Options
  • 18-02-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I recall reading on here somewhere of who supplies the 2 outfits with their Scotch Whisky,but can't find it. Was looking in Aldi today,and whilst all their Irish Whiskey is from Cooley,I can't find anything to indicate who makes their Whisky.
    I've always liked a bargain,and with these 2 selling blends at about €13.39 a 700ml,I'm keen to try them,but curious where they're from. Seem to recall one sourced from Whyte and Mackay?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I have heard before that Glenmorangie might produce some of their malt, or, I think, Tomintoul or Tamnavulin. One of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

Thanks,been reading of that in other places.
    I decided to buy Lidl's Queen Margot,their cheapest blend,and made by same co that make Whyte and Mackay. Trying it now,not the best whisky,but drinkable enough,however,only had half the dram so far. At €13.39 a bottle,if it works out ok,it will replace The Grouse when I havn't been through duty free,or up Nth for a while.
    Wife got home tonight from a few days away and presented me with a Grants Ale Cask,and a Laphraoig Quarter Cask. She can go away more often!

Advertisement