Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning stippling brush

• 18-02-2012 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Sephora stippling brush with goat hairs:

P148005_hero.jpg

I absolutely loved it when I first got it but the downside to it (and with any foundation brush) is that you have to wash it so regularly. My problem with this one, and I think it's because the hairs are much softer than a regular foundation brush, is that since its first wash, it's gotten a bit wiry and nowhere near as soft as it was at the start. I use Mac brush cleaner and warm water and spend ages cleaning it until I've got as much product off it as physically possible, then I let it dry. The first few times I let it dry on the radiator and I thought that's what my problem was, but even when I let it dry naturally, it's still pretty much the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure if I should be using something different to clean it, maybe baby shampoo or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Elle179

I bought a MAC foundation brush recently but didn't bother buying the brush cleaner as I presumed it would be a waste of money. I've been using johnsons baby shampoo, the same shampoo I use on my hair and everytime I've washed it so far it hasn't damaged or dried out much at all! I tend to wash it either after ive done my make up in the morning or before I go to bed, and leave it on a clean piece of kitchen towel on a shelf in my room away from heat. Not sure If this would work for you Sephora brush, have never tried that brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Hihello

Defo use baby shampoo i used too just use regular shampoo but baby shampoo makes such a difference. i also find if the brush is densely packed it may take a few gos to get clean or sometimes i use a light exfoliator to get the tips clean as i find on some of my stipling brushes the colour never comes off the tip.

Also on a totally unrelated note I use tesco value baby shampoo its 45c for 500ml and is pretty much the same as johnsons baby shampoo only slightly more gloopy. i have around 50 brushes so i was going through a good few bottles of the johnsons now i can buy about 6 bottles for the price of one johnsons and i get about 2 and a half cleans of all my brushes from each bottle. Also if you just wanted to try baby shampoo get this then if you find it doesnt do the job you havent broke the bank!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I use olive oil and baby shampoo on my brushes, on cheapy and pricey ones! Blob the olive oil in your hand and rub the brush around in it (you'll see the gunk coming out of the brush) then wash it clean with the shampoo. The oil helps break down the make up, and give the brushes a bit of a moisture lift, and the shampoo cleans leaving them lovely and soft. Don't go near regular shampoo though - it will dry out your brush. I have tried brush cleaner before and I still find the olive oil and shampoo better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Thanks for all the suggestions! Used the baby shampoo and olive oil and it's come out perfectly soft :)

Advertisement