Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need a driveway big time!

• 18-02-2012 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Second time the bike was knocked over in two weeks!! Out on the road in a less then desirable area in the good ol rebel county! Heard the disc lock alarm and a bang, ran out seeing red rattling!! Saw the biys round the corner, 4 complete junkie knackers with sweet **** all else to do but dirnk cans and knock over my bike!! Took a while to get the bike started but then red lined it up the hill, jumped off but a squad car behind me was either in the wrong place at the wrong time or the right place in the right time, i havent decided which yet!! I jumped off seeing red and he stopped me, just as well!!

He said he knows them all by name and hell go talk to them if i want, but since im stuck to the area til may and the bikes on the road it could be a target. My garden is seriously narrow with a huge step into it so getting it in is awkward as hell but ill have to now.

What a night!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

What a pain in the a**.

Could you get it in the garden with a ramp? Might have issues with a permanent one but something like above would make it easier, would be relatively easy to make one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I feel your pain, I used to have to park my own bike on a street also and it was a nightmare, constantly worrying if it would be standing in the morning, or even if it would be there. I asked a shopkeeper in the town could I store it in his premisis (in a locked alley) and he obliged me until another user of the alleyway complained, apparently my bike being there was a "fire hazard" lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

Gonna have to get something to get it in alright, theres only about 5-6 inches from the road onto the curb, then then a good shout more than that from the curb into the garden, not really a big problem, if i put something like a piece o wood down just to catch the tyre and help it up the curb into the garden. The biggest problem is the gap to get it through is only marginally (about half an inch) wider than the bike which is a dose, but at this stage its gonna have to be done!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

Can you bring it indoors at all?

Not a hope, i can't even get it into the garden. Tried to put a few briks down to get it up the ledge into the garden, the front wheel went up grand, but the back wheel slid down towards the pillar (curb is on a slope).

Friend of mine lives about 5 minutes away, she said i can park the bike in her driveway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

PM me the part of cork dude. Or say if comfy enough

Work for a haulage company so plenty of safe options around if ya need to stow a bike / body away :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,414 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If you're renting and you don't have somewhere safe to park the bike - move.
    When I was renting, I always turned up on the bike and in full leathers when looking for a new place. Got turned down more than a few times, but when I wasn't turned down I had no hassle later. Smoked out the anti-bike wnakers straight off.
    But there again I turned down more than a few places because of no off-street bike parking.
    Landlords are pretty desparate for rent these days so you should have your pick of places... good luck!

Scrap the cap!

I've got it parked in a friends driveway only a few minute stroll up the roadm she has a driveway so hopefully itll be ok there. I have a contract until may, then im out the gap as quick and mdefinitly going to get somewhere with off street parking!

Advertisement