Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astronomy

Options
  • 18-02-2012 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi can anyone tell me if there is an Astronomy club in Waterford, im just new to this so could do with some help navigating the sky :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Dunno about clubs, but have a look at http://www.heavens-above.com. Set up your location and there's loads of stuff like Whole Sky Chart, satellite passes etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

paddy1977 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me if there is an Astronomy club in Waterford, im just new to this so could do with some help navigating the sky :)
    Looks like you are only a couple of days late for this, might still be worthwhile contacting someone about it though.
    Getting Stellarium is a great resorce for your computer, also buying a planisphere is a great way to learn your way around the sky, good bookshops often have them, Eason's definitely do.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 paddy1977

Ill check them out, i came across an app for my phone aswell google sky map, it looks pretty cool, will tell you where everything is from where you are by just holding your phone up, thanks again!

Advertisement