Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iMessage & FaceTime won't activate (4s)

• 18-02-2012 2:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hey

I got a ip 4s on meteor two days ago and ported my number from 3 to meteor keeping my number

I turned on the phone and put in sim BEFORE it had ported and used the phone with the Sims original number in use on iMessage

Once my number had ported I noticed my iMessage stuff was still sending in the sims original number and not my ported number.

It was in the message and Facetime settings that the original 085 number was in use for both iMessage and Facetime and couldn't be edited or changed

Reseted both iMessage & Facetime over and over only for it to still be activated for the 085 number and not my 083

So...... Iv been onto apple all day (Friday) who told me to restore/reset practically everything back to how it was and guess what! The 085 number is still active for iMessage and FaceTime. It also says that they aren't able to activate successfully and neither Apple or Meteor know what to do?

Please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Deactivate iMessage and FaceTime. Go Settings - Phone and at the top you should see. 'My Number' setting. Tap this and change the number to your correct number and then deactivate iMessage and FaceTime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Update

Iv been to a Meteor store and was given a blank sim & my number was ported to it.
    IMessage & Facetime are still 'verifying' the original number of the first sim card!

Meteor said the port is complete and it's apples fault now and apple are saying its meteors fault. All I want is to be able to have my iMessage active.
    Iv restored about 3 times and if I get asked by apple/meteor to do it again then I'll scream.

Also since i got the 2nd sim the settings-phone-my number is saying 'unknown' and it can't be edited. It had said originally the first number but i changed it and it still didn't work

My only options now are to 1- cancel the contract with meteor 2- send it off to be 'repaired' to apple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

elgriff wrote: »
    Thanks for the link and I read through it but seems iv tried all that already and it still shows up with the temporary number and in settings-phone- my number it now says unknown and I'm not able to edit that since I got my 3rd replacement sim

Apple haven't a clue what the problem is and neither do Meteor. So frustrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Thanks for the link and I read through it but seems iv tried all that already and it still shows up with the temporary number and in settings-phone- my number it now says unknown and I'm not able to edit that since I got my 3rd replacement sim

Apple haven't a clue what the problem is and neither do Meteor. So frustrated.

iMessage wasn't working on a new iPhone on Three for me. I did what was said in the posted link above and it worked a treat. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Try turn both off. Do a network reset. Turn phone off. Turn phone back on. Turn iMessage and Facetime on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ailyoc

ComeraghBlue did you ever find the answer to this?! I am at my wits' end with the same situation.

Like you, I ported from O2 to Vodafone and installed my new sim before the port was completed. At one point I was getting iMessages to my old phone, so I took out the sim and wiped the phone.

Now I am stuck on verifying my number and ultimately it fails over and over. I was on the phone many times to Vodafone who assured me that everything is fine from their end. I rang Apple and they basically told me to do a hard reset, do not activate iMessage, wait 24 hours and then activate it. This has not worked.

I have reset network settings, switched on and off iMessage/Facetime, reset and restored many times.

Please tell me you sorted it.

Advertisement