Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gel Nails..HELP!

• 18-02-2012 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Having been a gel nail virgin my whole life I decided to go wild and try them out a couple of months ago..

All started out well, loved them, had then refilled a couple of times but I was starting to find I couldnt work with them past a certain length and they were breaking very easily. A few snapped off after a while and I got fed up and took the rest off, however they have left my real nails in shatters! :(

They are short, weak and split, I expected some damage but not as bad. I'm sure plenty of people have had the same problem, what did you do to nurse them back to health? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

E x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Hihello

You need a good conditioner. I use seche vite reconditioner I bought it off ebay its great but hard to get hold of or just go into boots and get a sally hansen one. you cant go wrong with sally hansen.

Whenever I take gels off first thing I do is file my nails down so they can grow back strong i then soak them in warm water with a champneys bath milk that i got in a set for christmas but had no other use for and it just seems to sort my nails out. i love it. then i dry them off push back cuticles and rub a cuticle oil all over my nail just for added moisture I then leave my nails free from anything for bout 2 days to let them breathe and then i apply the conditioner for about a week and they should be back to normal strength wise but the straches on your nails wont go away they will grow out

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Elle179

Have been plastering my nails with hand and nail cream. I have to wash my hands nearly every twenty minutes in work so they're weak at the best of times, just want to get them back to a decent state. Need to go down to the chemists or boots tomorrow and try some of the sally hansen. Feel like it's gonna take forever for them to grow out strong again though :(

Cheers for the advice, E x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

I have Gel nails for years, I take a mineral called Selenium (you can get it in health food shops). Whenever I take a break from them they are always fine underneath. It it absolutely great for your nails, they get much stronger from taking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

All you can do is apply a nail strengthener and keep them out of water until the new nail grows back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Hi i am currently training in these , your nails are like that because they "snapped" off. you need to have them filled off properly. Sally Hansen do good products for strengthening nails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Elle179

Thanks all for advice and replys..Bought some of the sally hansen miracle cure polish the other day, will just have to wait patiently and see if that does the trick!

Advertisement