Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 week holiday in Oz

Options
  • 18-02-2012 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭

Im planning on doing a three week holiday on my own next year. I'll be visiting a few friends based over there on Melborne but other than that I'll be on my own. Would someone mind perhaps putting up an itenery that would be good. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

Probably need more info
    Do you want to be flying around quickly dropping into Sydney, NT, Gold Coast etc?or would you prefer to concentrate on Melbourne/Vic?
    Have you lots to spend or looking to do Ozn a budget?
    Are you into cities/beaches/adventure or a mix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Minus Russia, Australia is bigger than all of Europe. Give us more information. What are you interesed in? Partying? Breathtaking scenery? Wilderness? Wildlife? The West and Centre are very different to the East. What do you want from your trip?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

TheTwiz wrote: »
    Im planning on doing a three week holiday on my own next year. I'll be visiting a few friends based over there on Melborne but other than that I'll be on my own. Would someone mind perhaps putting up an itenery that would be good. Thanks

I did 4 days in Perth, 1 in Kalgoorlie plus an epic road trip to and from Kalgoorlie, I then flew to Maelbourne where I gave 5 days but got bored by the 3rd or 4th, then up to Sydney for 11 days where I spent 4 in Sydney and the next seven driving from from Sydney up as far as Agnes Water and 1770 in Queensland and back down to Brisbane before flying back to Sydney and spending the last night there before departing for Los Angeles and back to Ireland.

4 days in Perth
    1 day in Kalgoorlie
    5 days in Melbourne
    3 days in Sydney
    7 days up along the East Coast
    1 day in Sydney - More like an evening really!!

I loved it but it was too short but that was all we could fit in with work constraints and budgetry reasons as it was a full holiday and not done to a backpacker budget with Hotels and all eating out etc. However there was 4 of us so it was grand, and it made the car hire option easy as we had multiple drivers and split costs also.

Advertisement