Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contactless cards

Options
  • 18-02-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

anyone been issued with one yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Doubt it from an Irish Banks any way!
    BOI are due to start issuing theirs in march AIB are also supposed to go contactless as well.
    Don't know about Ulster and PTSB if they will be adding the feature to their debit cards.

I haven't seen anywhere that takes contactless so don't think there is much of a need for it yet here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Doubt it from an Irish Banks any way!
    BOI are due to start issuing theirs in march AIB are also supposed to go contactless as well.
    Don't know about Ulster and PTSB if they will be adding the feature to their debit cards.

I haven't seen anywhere that takes contactless so don't think there is much of a need for it yet here

places taking it are just around the corner;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Early stages. UB parent banks are using it and are the driving force behind it in the uk. They have done some work on it.

It expect it next year tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I'm looking forward to it. I just hope that the system processes the transactions far more quickly than chip and pin currently does..!

At McDonalds I tend to spend most of my time waiting for the transaction to go through as opposed to waiting for the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

The €15 is way too low e.g Australia is aprox. €72 and New Zealand is aprox. €56.

The U.K. later this year is increasing from £20 to £30 so hopefully as we like copying them we will also increase max. limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I'd prefer a low limit like €15. At least if my card gets stolen, I know they can't get much through contactless transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Be great if they had the terminals in bars, I've been in the states for the past 2 months and sorta used to using my card for everything now (swiping obviously). I know it could be a little dangerous for a lot of people at home but I find cash just awkward at times. Oh god I'm Americanized amen't I... :-( Shîte!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

2 pints of Guinness -swipe 2 pints of Guinness -swipe - 2 pints of Guinness -swipe.............it would never catch on :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement