Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone ever buy from nitrotek.ie

Options
  • 18-02-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

i was thinking of buying this plane http://www.nitrotek.ie/ez-hawk-electric-3ch-rtf-brushless-trainer-plane.html from nitrotek.ie as a step up from the nine eagles sky runner i got this week and i know i have to have more flight time of course but has anyone bought from nitrotek before and whats there delivery like because i am wanting to buy a bigger plane because i have a few quid to spare even if the new plane is not touched for 6 months or more at least i have it anyway i wont even consider flying it until i am confident in my flying ability
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Why get another one with a radio, battery and charger?
    We usually only buy new airframes after we get set up. The airframe is the empty structure of the plane.
    A new airframe takes the electronics, and motor/prop from the old airframe when we retire it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

coolwings wrote: »
    Why get another one with a radio, battery and charger?
    We usually only buy new airframes after we get set up. The airframe is the empty structure of the plane.
    A new airframe takes the electronics, and motor/prop from the old airframe when we retire it and move on.

the sky runner is only a small plane with a wing span of 700mm and the all electronics are only on one circuit board so there is no separate servos speed controllers like it shows in the picture its just a very basic model with just rudder elevator and very small brushed motor it just to get use to the basics of flying
    there is no wind here this morning and i had the sky runner flying and landing perfectly i started out with a small simple plane just to get going and when i get confident in my flying and know how to control a plane i will step up to a bigger plane because i think this is where most beginners make the mistake they get a plane thats way to advanced and smash it up and then they wonder what went wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

You could buy cheaper from Hobbyking if price is important

For me, availability of spare parts is a deciding factor when buying a plane as crashes happen, no matter how good a flyer you think you are.

You could buy cheaper from Hobbyking if price is important

For me, availability of spare parts is a deciding factor when buying a plane as crashes happen, no matter how good a flyer you think you are.

i want to stay away from hobbyking i ordered 1 servo for my buggy from them 6 weeks ago and i am still waiting on it so i would rather pay an extra €20 for a plane and have it in a week or less
    i agree with you supply of spare parts is a very important factor with any model
    i goggled reviews of nitrotek and they seem to be a good company so i went ahead and ordered the plane i was looking at plus they have loads of spare parts for the type of plane so all seems good

It was Chinese new year around end January and that lasts for three weeks. All orders were delayed including mine. However normal delivery times from Hobbyking are two weeks max. I've placed thirty orders with them in the past year and have had no problems.

However if you want to spend locally, it's your money.

As for planes, you won't go wrong with Parkzone models and spares/upgrades are plentiful.

• Advertisement

It was Chinese new year around end January and that lasts for three weeks. All orders were delayed including mine. However normal delivery times from Hobbyking are two weeks max. I've placed thirty orders with them in the past year and have had no problems.

However if you want to spend locally, it's your money.

As for planes, you won't go wrong with Parkzone models and spares/upgrades are plentiful.

i might give hobbyking another go in a few weeks and order something small and see how that goes
    but on the pricing from hobbyking and from nitrotek for the type of plane i was wanting there was only something like less than €20 between the two so i decided to go local
    but hobbykings prices are hard to beat but it would not inspire confidence in hobbyking when i am waiting on a servo i ordered 6 weeks ago

6 weeks is stretching it I'd admit. Have you checked that your order has been dispatched? I placed two large orders, one in the second week of January and one in the first week of February and I received both by mid February. I knew when I placed the first order that I was going to get caught up in the Chinese new year shutdown but even the commies are entitled to a break;):D

What type of buggy do you have? I have 12 planes but the bloody wind and rain has me grounded lately. Would be nice to have something I can play with for when I can't fly. My son has a rc car from Smyths and its great fun but as its on 27mhz, its very prone to interference.

6 weeks is stretching it I'd admit. Have you checked that your order has been dispatched? I placed two large orders, one in the second week of January and one in the first week of February and I received both by mid February. I knew when I placed the first order that I was going to get caught up in the Chinese new year shutdown but even the commies are entitled to a break;):D

What type of buggy do you have? I have 12 planes but the bloody wind and rain has me grounded lately. Would be nice to have something I can play with for when I can't fly. My son has a rc car from Smyths and its great fun but as its on 27mhz, its very prone to interference.

ya i checked and it was dispatched on the 09/02/2012 i suppose when they are getting $0.50 a day they would be due some sort of holiday
    i have a 1/8th scale hsp bazooka that i got from here http://buyrccars.co.uk/p-1507-new-hsp-pro-bazooka-18-radio-control-rtr-rc-buggy.aspx its a great little buggy and it has loads of power and speed and its after getting a fair bit of hardship and nothing has broke apart from the servo giving up after after a visit to the local bmx park
    its on 27mhz aswell but i have got no interference at all
    i am just starting to get into planes myself but my plan is to get a jet but thats a long way down the road with the least amount of crashes along the way if i can help it

I've one jet but it's a whole different ballgame to my prop planes. Jets (or EDF - electro ducted fan) need long take off runs to get sufficient airflow over their wings to get them airborne. Hand launching them is very hit and miss and they could easily stall and nose in as they haven't built up enough thrust to get moving. I've flown mine just once as once I handlaunched it, on full power, it still almost crashed before I steered her skywards. She is a fast mover and needs full concentration to fly. Therefore not very relaxing. Flight times are only about five minutes.

Stick with prop planes, at least until you are very proficient.

I've one jet but it's a whole different ballgame to my prop planes. Jets (or EDF - electro ducted fan) need long take off runs to get sufficient airflow over their wings to get them airborne. Hand launching them is very hit and miss and they could easily stall and nose in as they haven't built up enough thrust to get moving. I've flown mine just once as once I handlaunched it, on full power, it still almost crashed before I steered her skywards. She is a fast mover and needs full concentration to fly. Therefore not very relaxing. Flight times are only about five minutes.

Stick with prop planes, at least until you are very proficient.

i understand that the jets are a different story altogether but flying a jet is just a thing i would like to do and i know i am about 12-18 months or longer away from that and i might as well work my way to that stage and if it works out and i like it great but if not at least i can say i gave it a go
    i got the dynam ez hawk from nitrotek today that i ordered last sunday night and it come from the uk so thats not to bad the plane itself has a nice big wingspan of 54 inches so it should give a nice a stable flight but i am not in any hurry getting it into the air until i am more confident in my flying and give the sky runner more air time

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I have to second the hobby king thing, ive been using them a few years and never a problem. Had one order of 4 or 5 weeks alright. But the rest were all around 2 or less.

A very handy shop with very non biased reviews from buyers as well. Have not seen anywhere better for the all important batteries.

i finally got the servo in the post today a full 7 weeks and 2 days after ordering it and i have to say its an excellent servo but waiting 7 weeks is way to long but going what you guys are saying about hobbyking i will give them another go on something small in a few weeks and see how that goes

Seeing as you mention it, my latest order from Hobbyking is now three weeks overdue and counting. That's the longest I've been waiting for parts to arrive. Must be a backlog after Chinese new year????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lakeshore2

Ye i bought from them recentley and had a very good experience

Advertisement