Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jesus, what is it with boxrec?

• 18-02-2012 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

I was on there today to check upcoming events, where the website asks you to update your location. For some reason, my location was defaulted as 'Queen's County'. I thought, surely that couldn't be in Ireland. Perhaps they had defaulted me to England. But no - I checked, it was in Ireland, and in place of Laois - it's old name from before the establishment of the Free State. They also did the same with Offaly, and re-named it to King's county.

Now far be it from me to be geographically astute - but these names have not been in use for a century. The names of the counties at every level, both officially and unofficially are Laois and Offaly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

just seen you rock up over there alright.

they are a bunch of **** over there. The world revolves around England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Watch - you'll get the usual crowd in playing it down as if it's irrelevant. Same happened with the John Duddy fiasco over there. It shows what they really think of Irish boxing fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

dlofnep wrote: »
    Watch - you'll get the usual crowd in playing it down as if it's irrelevant. Same happened with the John Duddy fiasco over there. It shows what they really think of Irish boxing fans.

Your dead right it's not on and is an attack on people who he should be treating as customers, if all Irish people withdraw their use of the site and help to build 1 of their rivals instead then he might start to treat us right.

Have you wrote to him about this as if they decide not to rectify it i'm going to push a campaign of Boycott and finding an alternative, I use Boxrec regular and like it, so assuming they just do things right then i'll continue to use it regular.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I brought it up in their forums. I'll see what happens from here. Judging on past fiascos (John Duddy's nationality), this will either be ignored or a long drawn out process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Bunch of John Bulls no doubt, pricks. Something like that can't be a mistake, it's done on purpose.

Maybe they are targeting the West Brit population in Laois and Offaly? Bit of a niche market :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Kings County- King Cowen's reign was short lived, we won't be putting another forward for a while.

Advertisement