Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord query

Options
  • 18-02-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My landlord just took the gates from the front of the house and didnt tell me and still has not told me what he is doing, i have asked via text and nothing, has he the right to take security from the house like that and say nothing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

No he doesnt. He doesnt have the right to set foot on the property without your prior consent, let alone make alterations to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 flipper36

hymm i figured as much, i knew he was there doing gardening but as far as i was concerned they could have been stolen!!!! and he is just impossible to talk to

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tell him that if they're not returned, you'll be forced to tell the Gardai that someone stole your gates - see if that lights a fire under his arse to do something about it?

Advertisement