Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Begging neighbours

• 18-02-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

I'm getting damn tired of the neighbour a few doors down from us calling around begging now.

Fags, phone credit, milk etc. etc. It goes on and on. She's of a certain ethnic background with their own culture so it's to be expected really I suppose.

I don't mind giving anybody a digout but it's getting ridiculous now. Last evening for example, my partner hands her the phone because 'de boyfriend' has no credit. She promptly orders an Indian takeaway on me feckin doorstep! After they had gorged themselves she was back because 'de boyfriend' couldn't get his Meteor dongle to work on 'de laptop'. Trying to explain what they were supposed to do with it was something of a challenge.

She's just left my door now with 3 fags in hand for 'de boyfriend'. Never any sign of him though, the useless tosser.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

What the fkuc are you complaining about, you and people like you are the problem, beggars only beg because they receive. If you want to stop it don't give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Tell her to fúck off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

your mistake was not chasing her away the first day she rang your doorbell

shell be scrounging off you until you give her a good root up the ar8e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

tanx 4 d fags u gav my misses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just dont answer yer door, I presume you have windows so you should be able to see who is calling.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

BackScrub wrote: »
    the useless tosser.
    Its two-faced neighbours i'm getting sick of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Fags, phone credit, milk etc. etc. It goes on and on. She's of a certain ethnic background with their own culture so it's to be expected really I suppose.
    Red21 wrote: »
    Its two-faced neighbours i'm getting sick of.

Two-faced xenophobic neighbours to be precise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Just don't answer the door

If you have friends coming around they'll call ahead. Or if you order a takeaway well you know when they are coming

May seem like an easy way out but it solves all problems, including TV licence inspector and Airtricity problems too

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

I have no problem telling her to shag off but my partner is a far nicer person than me. She's an extraordinarily kind person. I'd have nothing bit loathing for my beggar and her particular culture and my partner feels the same but she will help anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Cover your doorstep in micro machines, modify the doorbell so that it electrocutes users, ice up the driveway any cold night you get, if you have a cat flap or letterbox get yourself a staple gun and fire it at any unwanted visitors, place a heat source on the inside of the front door handle so that anyone who touches it from the outside gets horribly burned, tie a few lengths of rope onto some paint cans and swing them from the upstairs windows at any unwanted callers, tip glue and feathers onto her from upstairs if she come back into your garden, or just drop an iron on her from upstairs either... there's loads you can do to sort this problem.

• Advertisement

Einhard wrote: »
    Two-faced xenophobic neighbours to be precise.

Xenophobia? Wotchu talking bout Willis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Next time she comes to the door, Blast her with piss.

I have no problem telling her to shag off but my partner is a far nicer person than me. She's an extraordinarily kind person. I'd have nothing bit loathing for my beggar and her particular culture and my partner feels the same but she will help anybody.

So now you have put your finger on the problem, the rest is up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cath252

Try reversing it..you go to her house and ask for something..tell her you are broke.then next time she comes and asks for something tell her that you were just on way to hers to ask for the same..or just man up and tell her no..if u keep giving she will keep asking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

I have a neighbour from Camaroon thats like that. If I didn't put the foot down they would of kept coming with the hand out. I installed their washing machine for them, their cooker (free of course) and told them how to set their bins collections up, I sorted out some anti-social behaviour problems they were having from the local teen scummers and what thanks did I get - NONE. I get jungle music in the middle of the night. NEVER again.

When ever I see them it's always the same " I don't know how we're gonna live, I cannot afford the rent here (We pay the same rent and she has more income from SW then I do), the house is too small, I cannot afford the 50 cent for medicines (on medical card), I need a second toilet in the house, how can the government expect me to live here with just one toilet!! She has also decided that the parking space IN MY garden is hers.

I am not making this up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

They ain't gonna stop till you stop giving. So have a word with the missus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

She's of a certain ethnic background with their own culture so it's to be expected really I suppose.

Yep, you'll fit in nicely.

I just helped out my neighbour today. She died yesterday and I was putting down chippings in her driveway for when the body will be brought back to the house, and for the wake. There's nothing wrong with helping your neighbours or people who need help, but while there appears to be racist undertones to your post, your neighbour is taking advantage of you, in your estimation, and it would appear so.

You should courteously decline anything that is too insignificant or exploitative, and possibly still aide her in anything where she is deprived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A tricky situation. Do you hit her with a shovel, or carry on being charitable, in the hope that she's a "Secret Millionairess" being filmed for RTE?

They ain't gonna stop till you stop giving. So have a word with the missus.

Not only will it not stop, the requests are going to get greater.

Heres another example of the 'scroungyness' of my neighbour:

On halloween our houses got egged(our houses are connected), My wife cleans it the next morning at 6:30 am because she cannot sleep knowing that the windows are covered in egg.

My neighbour complains to me the next day that she doesn't know what to do with the egg (waiting for me to offer to clean it for her). So she tells me she is going to start ringing the counsel and ask them to come and clean the egg from her window!

1 month later egg is still there, rotten (There were lots of eggs) and you know what?....The councel broke and came and cleaned the egg off her house.
    These were ground floor windows - Clean your own windows FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Repeat after me,
    "Sorry I have no *Item or cash* on me".

Repeat as necessary until relief is achieved.

Sindri wrote: »
    Yep, you'll fit in nicely.

I just helped out my neighbour today. She died yesterday and I was putting down chippings in her driveway for when the body will be brought back to the house, and for the wake. There's nothing wrong with helping your neighbours or people who need help, but while there appears to be racist undertones to your post, your neighbour is taking advantage of you, in your estimation, and it would appear so.

You should courteously decline anything that is too insignificant or exploitative, and possibly still aide her in anything where she is deprived.

What did I say in my original post? I said I have no problem giving anyone a digout.

Also, this racist mullarkey is thrown around all the time now. I couldn't care less where people come from so you can keep your racist allegations. How can you be racist or xenophobic against people from your own country.

I feckin' hate travellers though. With a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Community welfare officer is that way love, they'll listen to your sob stories , I won't

I I sorted out some anti-social behaviour problems they were having from the local teen scummers and what thanks did I get - NONE. I get jungle music in the middle of the night. NEVER again.

I am not making this up!
    Was this the 1st 2nd or 3rd time you sorted 3 scangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cath252

Thats where the councils are SO wrong...OMG that so annoys me...are they the kind of services the new household charge is going to fund ?!!

Was this the 1st 2nd or 3rd time you sorted 3 scangers.

I grew up in Belcamp/Darndale, you have no Idea how rough that area was/is.
    Those incidents where during my late teen years and I am naturally much bigger then your average little scrawny scummer, If you grew up in such an area you would know that scum work in packs, so fighting one person is a rarity. They attack in groups, I defended myself a few times, Have I to feel ashamed for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

:D:pac::confused::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Those incidents where during my late teen years and I am naturally much bigger then your average little scrawny scummer, If you grew up in such an area you would know that scum work in packs, so fighting one person is a rarity. They attack in groups, I defended myself a few times, Have I to feel ashamed for it?

Jesus it's hardly a warzone over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Community welfare officer is that way love, they'll listen to your sob stories , I won't

She's probably bored the pants off the CWO, who won't fall for her sh1t, which is why she's latched on to the nearest "sucker".

She was probably doing the same during the boom years.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Jesus it's hardly a warzone over there.

You try walking around that area for 16 years and never getting in a fight.

2-3 robbed cars joyriding in front of your house each night, Have to close the windows because of the fumes from burning cars at least once a week. People stabbed for walking down the street. Houses petrol bombed. Gang wars with sawn off's and slash-hooks. You have no idea what that place was like in the 80's and 90's. The Gardai wouldn't even enter Darndale, and few taxi drivers would take you home there. Buses cancelled every other day because of locals throwing things at them. That Polish guy was murdered going to work early in the morning in the industrial estate there. Many of the local lads from my generation are in the joy, dead or on the run. ITS A KIP.

phill106 wrote: »
    Repeat after me,
    "Sorry I have no *Item or cash* on me".

Repeat as necessary until relief is achieved.

I use to be nice about refusing, but now I just give a flat no and then a piss off if they are persistent.

Ok chill was just a question, in my area if a single man beat up two men word would go round pretty fast that he's not to be fu@ked with, you made the claim that on three occasions you beat up three people. It makes no sense why would they keep messing with such a hardman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Just say no . And while she is at the door ask her if you can borrow something off her . That will sort her out

Ok chill was just a question, in my area if a single man beat up two men word would go round pretty fast that he's not to be fu@ked with, you made the claim that on three occasions you beat up three people. It makes no sense why would they keep messing with such a hardman.

One was in Secondry school - Belcamp college when I was 17. Word did spread and no one started on me after that.

One was in Darndale walking home one night from a friends when I was 16.
    These kind of people didn't go to school

One was in Darndale park walking home from school when I was 18.
    One of these people has been charged with the murder of a Lukasz Rzeszutko in Newtown Industrial Estate in Coolock, Dublin.

On 2 other occasions I wasnt so successful in defending myself or running away. I was hospitalised. Thats what you got for not wearing a tracksuit, trying to live decently and educate yourself in that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

2-3 robbed cars joyriding in front of your house each night, Have to close the windows because of the fumes from burning cars at least once a week. People stabbed for walking down the street. Houses petrol bombed. Gang wars with sawn off's and slash-hooks. You have no idea what that place was like in the 80's and 90's. The Gardai wouldn't even enter Darndale, and few taxi drivers would take you home there. Buses cancelled every other day because of locals throwing things at them. That Polish guy was murdered going to work early in the morning in the industrial estate there. Many of the local lads from my generation are in the joy, dead or on the run. ITS A KIP.

And the Oscar goes to...

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    And the Oscar goes to...

And im done here.
    Завершение и выход!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Next time answer the door and before she can say a word ask her for a few fags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I have a simple rule.
    I never give any money to people who call at my door. Not boy scouts, charity collectors, people selling paintings, people collecting for local football teams- no one.
    I refuse to feel guilty about it because I contribute to a couple of charities where at least I know where the money is going.

I'm not rude about it, I just say "I don't contribute to door to door collections".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

How can you be racist or xenophobic against people from your own country

Really? Guess there's no racism in America so.

Really? Guess there's no racism in America so.

How can you be racist or xenophonic against a culture?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I love the smell of racism of a morning. especially when it thinks its justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

What did I say in my original post? I said I have no problem giving anyone a digout.

Also, this racist mullarkey is thrown around all the time now. I couldn't care less where people come from so you can keep your racist allegations. How can you be racist or xenophobic against people from your own country.

Jesus, don't even use the R word on here. They'll be at you all day....

RichieC wrote: »
    I love the smell of racism of a morning. especially when it thinks its justified.

Quote the Racism on this thread, oh thats right, there is none. (Aside from the remark about travellers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I am very familiar with the area...you obviously come from the Bill Cullen school of talking about your hardships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Quote the Racism on this thread, oh thats right, there is none. (Aside from the remark about travellers)
    Sure they're not a race, they're an ethnic minority.

I also give to charities but certainly not beggars. Its actually annoys me watching people in temple bar giving to the Roma beggars, probably the same people who complain about it. Has anyone noticed how how there is more of them at festivals, they fly in for them, watch how many there are on Paddy's week.

I propose a national "non giving to beggars week" for the Paddy's day festival. Give your change to St Vincent de paul or as I do Sightsavers.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I am very familiar with the area...you obviously come from the Bill Cullen school of talking about your hardships.

Oh Feck off, I had a great childhood despite that and have a fantastic life. Thanks:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Bottom line is...Human beings are clever. I've met numerous people like the OP in my life time. The secret is to always cry poor OP. Always cry poor. Keep crying poor until eventually she gets bored of coming over and then she will no doubt look for another victim. Because thats what you are right now, a victim of harrassment and bullish behaviour disguised in the form of lovely insiduous speeches.

I know your probably frightened because she is a ''neighbour'' and the last thing you want is to get ''stabbed'' or your windows broken in by all her relatives. But whatever ya do dont use the F-Bomb at them for that could well happen. Be extremely clever and polite as they are being clever and polite and simply cry poor.

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Sure they're not a race, they're an ethnic minority.

Who Knackers?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm getting damn tired of the neighbour a few doors down from us calling around begging now.

I don't mind giving anybody a digout but it's getting ridiculous now. Last evening for example, my partner hands her the phone because 'de boyfriend' has no credit. She promptly orders an Indian takeaway on me feckin doorstep! After they had gorged themselves she was back because 'de boyfriend' couldn't get his Meteor dongle to work on 'de laptop'. Trying to explain what they were supposed to do with it was something of a challenge.

She's just left my door now with 3 fags in hand for 'de boyfriend'. Never any sign of him though, the useless tosser.

Here we go again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement