Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Begging neighbours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Give her the two barrels...close the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Sure they're not a race, they're an ethnic minority.

More of a majority if you ask me.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Move to Foxrock darling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Here we go again :rolleyes:
    WTF is wrong with you lot?
    Is he not allowed say 'she's from a certain ethnic background' now without been called a racist. FFS!

Cue the PC Brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

RichieC wrote: »
    I love the smell of racism of a morning. especially when it thinks its justified.

You know, I think you actually believe I was racist. Go away.

Cue the PC Brigade.
    It's unbelievable!!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I fkn hate pikeys.

BackScrub wrote: »

Your not allowed to complain about people from other countries or your branded a racist here.

• Advertisement

Your not allowed to complain about people from other countries or your branded a racist here.
    Will someone please think of the children!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Here we go again :rolleyes:

I really don't understand your comment, OK Not every Roma or Junkies are beggars, but over 90% of the beggars that approached me are junkies or Roma.

So you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to make the connection. I am not saying discriminate against them all i am saying is don't give to them.

Some ridiculous responses in this thread.

It seems racist accusations are the new Godwin's law.

No more replies from me, I'd rather give the tinker at my door fags than respond to the posts in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

next time she calls, ask for the ride....or better still get the other half to ask:P. Camcorder ready and send us a link.....but nothing showing your junk:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Is he not allowed say 'she's from a certain ethnic background' now without been called a racist. FFS!

I can only answer that question for me: Mentioning the annoying behavior of aggressive begging, alongside mentioning someone's ethnic background, sometimes leads to stereotyping...

Just go back to her house and beg back the things she's already begged from you and when she refuses, tell her never to come to your door again unless she wants to meed your new pet!
    http://what-they-wont-say.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/crocodilearm.jpg

• Advertisement

I can only answer that question for me: Mentioning the annoying behavior of aggressive begging, alongside mentioning someone's ethnic background, sometimes leads to stereotyping...

99% of the time that behavior is coupled with a certain ethnic background.
    It is just a coincidence and apparently any logical connections between the two are just the poison ideas of rampant racists.

44leto wrote: »
    I really don't understand your comment, OK Not every Roma or Junkies are beggars, but over 90% of the beggars that approached me are junkies or Roma.

So you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to make the connection. I am not saying discriminate against them all i am saying is don't give to them.

Unfortunately, the majority of those, asking me for a fag, spare change or whatsoever somewhere in town, and shouting abuse at me for not giving anything were Irish. Sorry about that.

But still, I would never make any connection between that type of behavior with the fact, that they are from a certain ethnic background. 90+% of all people, I met, since I came here in 2004 were nice and decent.

We're F***ed, this country is F***ed, what has happened to Ireland?
    It's a disgrace that a guy can't come on here to ask advice on how to deal with a begging neighbour only to end up being accused of racism.
    PC me hole!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Give her the two barrels...close the door.

If you have a suitably positioned letter-box, you won't have to bother with opening the door. It's more efficient and you get to keep both hands on the gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

What did I say in my original post? I said I have no problem giving anyone a digout.

Also, this racist mullarkey is thrown around all the time now. I couldn't care less where people come from so you can keep your racist allegations. How can you be racist or xenophobic against people from your own country.

I feckin' hate travellers though. With a passion.
    How can you be racist or xenophonic against a culture?
    Quote the Racism on this thread, oh thats right, there is none. (Aside from the remark about travellers)

Jaysis lads, you haven't the foggiest what racism actually is.

OP, don't whine when you're accused of racism when your post explicitly says your neighbour's behaviour is to be expected because she's from a particular ethnicity. She's a sponging geebag, but there's plenty of those from all backgrounds, same as there are decent people from all backgrounds. And racism has nothing to do with national borders, of course you can be racist/bigoted against people from your own country.

• Advertisement

I'm outta here seems rationalism has fled this thread.

There was **** all in it from the beginning and you added none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Some ridiculous responses in this thread.

It seems racist accusations are the new Godwin's law.

No more replies from me, I'd rather give the tinker at my door fags than respond to the posts in here.

Pavvee Point have reps everywhere inc here on boards imo.

Im sick of bullsh*t high filuting moral high ground hippy im better than you fcukers telling me you cant say that.

Right behind you. Jeez!

OP, don't whine when you're accused of racism when your post explicitly says your neighbour's behaviour is to be expected because she's from a particular ethnicity. She's a sponging geebag, but there's plenty of those from all backgrounds, same as there are decent people from all backgrounds. And racism has nothing to do with national borders, of course you can be racist/bigoted against people from your own country.

What? I mean what???

People can call me what they like, I have no problem with that.

How on earth can it be racist to say someone is displaying stereotypical behaviour? Are you for real?

There was **** all in it from the beginning and you added none.

Begging neighbours

I told my anecdotes about my begging neighbour issues.

That is a rational response to a thread with the above title is it not?

Ah don't answer, I already know you have nothing worthwhile to say.

Bye.

What? I mean what???

How on earth can it be racist to say someone is displaying stereotypical behaviour? Are you for real?

Yes, I'm perfectly for real. You made a racist statement, live with the consequence.

What? I mean what???

Leave it backscrub, your wasting your time. It goes over the head of the PC lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

What's happened to this thread, I thought it was about the OP's neighbour being a sponge and leech :confused:

How is it that those who are most opposed to racism just can't stop talking about it, the state of this thread now

Mod Close Thread please.

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm perfectly for real. You made a racist statement, live with the consequence.

You've now convinced me that you are the one who does now know what racism is.

Mod Close Thread please.

"I'M OUTTA THIS THREAD CUZ PEELE DON' AGREE WIT ME! E3VERYBODT STOP TALKING NOW CUZ USE DON' AGREE WIT ME!!"

"I'M OUTTA THIS THREAD CUZ PEELE DON' AGREE WIT ME! E3VERYBODT STOP TALKING NOW CUZ USE DON' AGREE WIT ME!!"

Well it is obvious that this thread about begging neighbours has been derailed by accusations of racism and has little chance of returning to the original topic. Especially when we have input like the above quoted text from the likes of you.

"I hear that you're a racist now Father"

Unfortunately, the majority of those, asking me for a fag, spare change or whatsoever somewhere in town, and shouting abuse at me for not giving anything were Irish. Sorry about that.

But still, I would never make any connection between that type of behavior with the fact, that they are from a certain ethnic background. 90+% of all people, I met, since I came here in 2004 were nice and decent.

The junkies are mainly Irish no doubt, but the others ARE Roma, I assume you also live in Dublin, so if you don't notice that, I can only assume you are either lying or making some, I am a nice guy PC comment, which is fine if it has an ounce of substance.

"I hear that you're a racist now Father"
    Fecking GREEKS!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

I'm getting damn tired of the neighbour a few doors down from us calling around begging now.

Fags, phone credit, milk etc. etc. It goes on and on. She's of a certain ethnic background with their own culture so it's to be expected really I suppose.

I don't mind giving anybody a digout but it's getting ridiculous now. Last evening for example, my partner hands her the phone because 'de boyfriend' has no credit. She promptly orders an Indian takeaway on me feckin doorstep! After they had gorged themselves she was back because 'de boyfriend' couldn't get his Meteor dongle to work on 'de laptop'. Trying to explain what they were supposed to do with it was something of a challenge.

She's just left my door now with 3 fags in hand for 'de boyfriend'. Never any sign of him though, the useless tosser.

Feckin culchies :D

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Jesus it's hardly a warzone over there.
    Yeah, thats over here in Tallaght,duuuhhhh!!! :rolleyes:

The farm takes up most of the day, and at night I just like a cup of tea, I might not be able to devote myself full time to the old racism.

The farm takes up most of the day, and at night I just like a cup of tea, I might not be able to devote myself full time to the old racism.

You shouldn't have said that now you are open to farmerist comment, fecken farmers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    What's happened to this thread, I though it was about the OP's neighbour being a sponge and leach :confused:

Apparently it's against the law to complain about them if they're from somewhere other than here :rolleyes:
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    How is it that those are most opposed to racism just can't stop talking about it, the state of this thread now

You've not noticed that before now? :eek:

The junkies are mainly Irish no doubt, but the others ARE Roma, I assume you also live in Dublin, so if you don't notice that, I can only assume you are either lying or making some, I am a nice guy PC comment, which is fine if it has an ounce of substance.

I'm based in Dublin indeed, living in Dublin 9, but working in town. Of course, I noticed Romas begging out there. But for me, they are less aggressive, they just sometimes use some kind of pity. Sitting out in the cold and rain, with small kids on their lap...and they know, they are successful, because people feel with their kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Where's Tallagh,duuuhhh!!!!?

Feckin' Dubs.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You seem to be implying that the travelling community aren't ignorant and somtimes violent. That they won't behave like screaming 5 year olds if they don't get what they want. That they don't destroy every site they land in, that they don't ever steal and fight and blag. You're at least implying that everyone else acts this way as much as they do which is pretty out of line tbh.
    There's plenty of good ones, I'm sure, I know 1 or 2 in my area that are sound lads. Calling BS on anyone complaining about their behavior for the sake of political correctness is just entirely missing the topic at hand though. Travellers have a very rough culture.
    There's a reason every pub in a 20 mile radius closes if there's a traveller funeral.
    I understand what the OP is implying and it's not offensive. It's pretty pathetic to see some of the responces in this thread. You see "PC gone mad" every other day in AH and then you get crap like I'm seeing now...
    I think some of the people that come up with arguements implying travellers are all a great bunch of lads have very little contact with them. If you do and they're all sound then brilliant but I don't imagine that scenario happening much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

But its true that people of different ethnicities approach things differently, you can see this in charity shops and at car boot sales, where if a price of 1 euro is given, they will want it for 50c.
    The Irish beggars seem to approach things in a more apologetic manner and show gratitude for a handout, whilst the beggars from Romania come over as almost aggressive, and the Ghana/Nigerian beggars are blatantly shameless in their approach.
    I suppose their background has a lot to do with this, as the Romanys operate with a system akin to pimping, they beg, and hand back the proceeds to a higher source, husband, father, uncle etc, maybe with a threat of violence involved, and maybe the African beggars have always needed to be up in your face blatant just to get by.

• Advertisement

You shouldn't have said that now you are open to farmerist comment, fecken farmers.

With a decent diet, you shouldn't get a dose of the farmers!

Where's Tallagh,duuuhhh!!!!?

Feckin' Dubs.....:p

Like catching fish on a spinner! :pac: :pac: :pac:

I'm based in Dublin indeed, living in Dublin 9, but working in town. Of course, I noticed Romas begging out there. But for me, they are less aggressive, they just sometimes use some kind of pity. Sitting out in the cold and rain, with small kids on their lap...and they know, they are successful, because people feel with their kids.

And do you condone that, do you not at least recognise that it is better not to give for the kids sake. I don't give the passive or the aggressive ones diddley and that includes the chuggers.

I do give to charity but just not to any of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Like catching fish on a spinner! :pac: :pac: :pac:

Nice pale on de pan......:D

I'm getting damn tired of the neighbour a few doors down from us calling around begging now.

Fags, phone credit, milk etc. etc. It goes on and on. She's of a certain ethnic background with their own culture so it's to be expected really I suppose.

I don't mind giving anybody a digout but it's getting ridiculous now. Last evening for example, my partner hands her the phone because 'de boyfriend' has no credit. She promptly orders an Indian takeaway on me feckin doorstep! After they had gorged themselves she was back because 'de boyfriend' couldn't get his Meteor dongle to work on 'de laptop'. Trying to explain what they were supposed to do with it was something of a challenge.

She's just left my door now with 3 fags in hand for 'de boyfriend'. Never any sign of him though, the useless tosser.

You've heard the saying????
    "Fool me once, shame on you , fool me twice, shame on me"

Now strap a pair on and tell them to politely fook off and take their begging bowl with them!

.......AND Stop throwing eggs at their house,thats just double the pain.......suppose be worse if she then sat there eatting an omolette :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement