Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Managers Moving On This Summer Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

amiable wrote: »
    It speaks volumes that some people seem to class Redknapp as a top manager over Kenny so calling it tit for tat is a bit silly IMO.
    Kenny has already proven his worth as a good manager.
    Whether he still has those credentials is another story but it can't be argued that he never was a good manager.
    Redknapp on the other hand has not done it at the business end so couldn't be classed as a top manager even if he is a triffic bloke

Listen mate, I am not a Liverpool fan, a spurs fan, a utd fan or any other fan.

I am just sick of threads here turning into a Liverpool or Utd or whoever else pissing matches.

So please don't start on to me about what terms I use to describe the b**s**t that comes form a lot of the posters around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Redknapp is a better manager than Dalglish. No question about it. Never mind what Dalglish did almost 20 years ago. These days he looks absolutely out of his depth. Redknapp is no Mourinho but has achieved 2 top 4 finishes in 3 years coming into a Spurs side who had consistently failed to achieve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

And spent a ton or money doing it. And wasted quite a bit - Palacios, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko, Krankjar, Defoe, Keane.

He's certainly having a better time of it now, but he's still flawed at the highest level...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Enough! Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dickerty wrote: »
    And spent a ton or money doing it. And wasted quite a bit - Palacios, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko, Krankjar, Defoe, Keane.

He's certainly having a better time of it now, but he's still flawed at the highest level...
    Nobody gets top 4 more than once these days without spending money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,294 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

CSF wrote: »
    Redknapp is a better manager than Dalglish. No question about it. Never mind what Dalglish did almost 20 years ago. These days he looks absolutely out of his depth. Redknapp is no Mourinho but has achieved 2 top 4 finishes in 3 years coming into a Spurs side who had consistently failed to achieve.

yeah lets just take the last 1.5 years into it :D

or compare their total careers instead maybe :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Dalglish
    Listen mate, I am not a Liverpool fan, a spurs fan, a utd fan or any other fan.

I am just sick of threads here turning into a Liverpool or Utd or whoever else pissing matches.

So please don't start on to me about what terms I use to describe the b**s**t that comes form a lot of the posters around here.

Nobody forces you to read the thread 'mate'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

When I see the number of sh*t managers around and managers who basically hung up their boots and started managing and made a pigs ear of it, I think we should all be grateful to have someone like Trap as national team manager.

Just so many rubbish managers out there, especially those on the merry go round in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

amiable wrote: »
    Nobody forces you to read the thread 'mate'

I have no problem reading the thread.

My problem is with my post and the terms I used being quoted and mis-interpreted in some pro/con Liverpool/Kenny Dalglish pissing match that has no place in the thread in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Dalglish
    I have no problem reading the thread.

My problem is with my post and the terms I used being quoted and mis-interpreted in some pro/con Liverpool/Kenny Dalglish pissing match that has no place in the thread in the first place.

You assume too much. I couldn't give a rats arse who you support.
    It's an open forum. I gave my opinion. get over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Sky Bet ‏ @SkyBet
    Mick McCarthy now 2/1 to be the next permanent Aston Villa manager. Click to see this and all other manager markets

paddypower ‏ @paddypower
    It's true folks. We've seen a steady stream of money for Mick McCarthy all day, he's the11/8 fav: http://bit.ly/KkODvi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Oh god, if McCarthy gets it, Villa will be calling the McLeish era, the good old days.

McCarthy as good as relegated Wolves, they were heading down.

Why replace one relegation plagued manager with another?

Advertisement