Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weak GPS Signal 3GS

• 18-02-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Having problems with apps that need GPS data, im using imap-run and it displays weak gps signal it gets a signal but displays a large 2mile radius which im in but it wont pinpoint my location, other apps such as HUD wont get a GPS lock at all, phone is jailbroken perhaps that is part of problem as i had problem with phone signal and had to install ultrasnow, im wondering is there a fix for GPS, also most apps that run on GPS also turn my wifi and phone signal of then they reconnect and it happens all over again like a loop but only the apps that run GPS:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

For a good GPS signal you need an unobstructed view of the sky - south and overhead being best. If you're in a building with a steel structure or insulating film on the windows, you will have a problem picking up GPS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

even outside i get poor or weak gps status

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

is the phone unlocked

guil wrote: »
    is the phone unlocked

yeah i had to jailbreak it to unlock it

what baseband is it on, i'm betting its 06.15.00 go to settings>general>about and scroll down to modem firmware

if it is on the one above thats the reason GPS is giving trouble and there is no fix available

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    what baseband is it on, i'm betting its 06.15.00 go to settings>general>about and scroll down to modem firmware

if it is on the one above thats the reason GPS is giving trouble and there is no fix available

Yeah spot on guil 06.15 i was thinking that jailbreaking it had something to do with it as i had to install ultrasnow or something to get the phone coverage to work so no doubt same type of thing with gps pity:mad:

yeah ultrasn0w is the package to unlock the phone but only works on certain basebands, 06.15.00 was installed on the ipad 1 and was unlockable using ultrasn0w

it's just that baseband that is causing issues with the GPS but unfortunately there's no way to remove it after installing it

Advertisement