Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apprenticeship advice

Options
  • 18-02-2012 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i'm 29 an currently waiting to be called by fas for a competency determination mechanism for redundant apprentices,i hav 20 weeks left in my carpentry apprenticeship,passing this course cancells out dat time as i cant find work,my question is,is it possible to start another apprenticeship while i'm waitin, i would like to go back an serve my time as a mechanic,i used work in a garage before i got into the buildings,i no the money isn't great an i'll be starting off again at da bottom but i'll be a quailifed carpenter which mite soften da blow,(tommers an stuff),sorry about da long post,any help would be appreciated thanks 4 reading:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

1. FÁS has introduced a Competency Determination Mechanism (CDM) (this mechanism will provide redundant apprentices with the opportunity to demonstrate their skills and knowledge against the occupational standard for the specified trade over a number of days in a FÁS Training Centre) to enable eligible redundant apprentices initially in the trades of Brick & Stonelaying, Carpentry & Joinery, Electrical, Plastering, and Plumbing to progress towards the completion of their apprenticeship.
    Those who successfully pass the Competency Determination Mechanism will be progressed for the award of the FETAC Level 6 Advanced Certificate – Craft.

Asking the good folk in ...

Work & Jobs

or

Fetac

would be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chippie82

sound i,ll try both of em,i.ll giv fas a ring aswell an see if dey can giv me some info,cheers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi there.

I would also advise that you leave out the text speak when posting in here. It's one of the 3 golden rules. I'm guessing that you didn't read the thread out in the main forum, second from the top, which is entitled:

***READ THIS FIRST - Forum Charter (The Rules) - READ THIS FIRST***

It would be wise to read it now before you post again here or in any other forum.

Thanks, and welcome to boards.ie!

Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chippie82

cheers new to this,so used to using a mobile phone,sound for the heads up :)!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Fair play. A lot of new users find it difficult to drop the txtspk habit when they join a forum site!

It would seem that _AVALANCHE_ has provided you with some useful links which should be helpful to your question, so the only final thing you need to be aware of is that this "Newbies & FAQ" forum is a forum for people to ask questions about the boards.ie site itself.

Thanks,

Shield.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement