Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding on Eircom Netiopia?

• 18-02-2012 4:55pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How do I setup port forwarding on my eircom router?

So in Expert Mode, Configure, Advanced, NAT, Define Custom Service,Trigger Ports: I don't know what to put here (See picture).

I need to let someone remote access a device connected to my router. I'm fine setting up dyndns since it is a dynamic ip address.

How do I find the port of the device?
    Thanks in advance

16l0ets.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Service name can be anything.
    If you are just forwarding 1 port that goes in all 3 boxes.
    After that your service name will be in the drop down list of services.
    Select it & enable it. You will then be offered a drop down of which IP to forward it to.
    Also on that router you will probably have to set firewall to low.
    To find the port number you need to tell us more about what you are trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HowyeLads

I don't mean to hijack the thread but... I was also trying to do this to setup a minecraft server :P I got that far and entered 25565 which is the one for minecraft,but I entered it in all 3 boxes and I'm not sure if that was correct.I did this for a TCP and UDP but when I enabled them my internet stopped working :-\ I disabled them and the internet was fine after that again.Just wondering if anyone could help me with this :)

Advertisement