Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Nightclub questions

Options
  • 18-02-2012 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi :p

Myself and 2 of the girls (20 yrs old) are coming up from culchie land to Dublin for the week and we have some questions.

What nightclubs do you recommend ?

What would be the best time to head into the nightclub ?

How long would you expect to queue for to get in from Wed to Sat night ?

Do you have to pay any initial membership fees to get in for the first time ?

What would the entrance fee be like ?

I would really appreciate the answers.

Thanks,

Jess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

LittleOme wrote: »

Myself and 2 of the girls (20 yrs old) are coming up from culchie land to Dublin for the week and we have some questions.

What nightclubs do you recommend ?

What would be the best time to head into the nightclub ?

How long would you expect to queue for to get in from Wed to Sat night ?

Do you have to pay any initial membership fees to get in for the first time ?

What would the entrance fee be like ?

I would really appreciate the answers.

Thanks,

Jess

Depends what sort of music you want? If its main stream chart type music there are loads of places. You wont need membership unless youre going to an exclusive place like the odessa or temple bar emporium.

All depends on your music tastes really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LittleOme

liffeylite wrote: »
    Depends what sort of music you want? If its main stream chart type music there are loads of places. You wont need membership unless youre going to an exclusive place like the odessa or temple bar emporium.

Music taste is varied.

Really we are just looking for the most popular places.

Music taste is varied.

Again thats a lot to choose from :-) if you like chart and want to dance, twenty one lounge, alchemy, the morgan, club m and fitzimmons, all temple bar oconnel bridge area.

Trendy, poser places, try dawson st, cafe en seine, samsara, ron blacks the pink, or eilli street, market bar, no name bar, dakota, base, lost society.

More indie type places try camden street, solas, village, anseo, against the grain, bleeding horse.

Live bands, bruxelles, gypsy rose, workmans club, grand social, shebeen, hogans.

Dance clubs, vaults, academy, kitchen, ALT,

On the pull, copper facejacks or flannerys :-)

Plenty others, these are all popular and busy. Try entertainment.ie for more specifics of whats on that week.

Music taste is varied.

Again thats a lot to choose from :-) if you like chart and want to dance, twenty one lounge, alchemy, the morgan, club m and fitzimmons, all temple bar oconnel bridge area.

Trendy, poser places, try dawson st, cafe en seine, samsara, ron blacks the pink, or eilli street, market bar, no name bar, dakota, base, lost society.

More indie type places try camden street, solas, village, anseo, against the grain, bleeding horse.

Live bands, bruxelles, gypsy rose, workmans club, grand social, shebeen, hogans.

Plenty others, these are all popular and busy. Try entertainment.ie for more specifics of whats on that week.

That should be william street not elli by the way :-)

Plenty of great trad pubs too if thats your thing. Kehoes, stags head, long hall, mulligans, cobblestone etc

For clubs, the good bits and the sugar club can have good nights, but varies from week to week. Could be an 70's night could be burlesque! Who knows :-)

Late rock places, murrays, fibbers and fibbers on the quays are all great too

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Why pretend you're going anywhere else?
    copperfacejacks.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jimmi3nuts

yup girls, come to coppers, all angles covered and you might even meet meself!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah, really culchie land experience is Diceys
    > Coppers.

It's that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

What's the actual reason behind Coppers success?

There's literally tonnes of nightclubs that have the exact same music and shifting and shliding on the dancefloor across Dublin and all at a cheaper price than that rip off joint.

Is it the late licence or is it more jsut that people associate it with "pulling" now so it's gained a rep?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Palace on Camden Street is a great spot.. bit of everything music wise and I believe they've just re-opened the huge upstairs part which was closed for years..

I love the Palace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

What's the actual reason behind Coppers success?

There's literally tonnes of nightclubs that have the exact same music and shifting and shliding on the dancefloor across Dublin and all at a cheaper price than that rip off joint.

Is it the late licence or is it more jsut that people associate it with "pulling" now so it's gained a rep?

it's open until 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

Does anyone know the actual reason it's able stay open so late besides the "its full of guards" claim. It says it's open til 3.30am yet I thought that all nightclubs had to close by 2.30am and that the late licence thing had been done away with??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Does anyone know the actual reason it's able stay open so late besides the "its full of guards" claim. It says it's open til 3.30am yet I thought that all nightclubs had to close by 2.30am and that the late licence thing had been done away with??

All clubs can stay open until 3:30 as far as I know but have to stop serving alcohol at 2:30.

Coppers is the only place I can think of that actually is still serving right up until 4. The owner of the place is an ex guard so whether that has anything to do with it I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

All clubs can stay open until 3:30 as far as I know but have to stop serving alcohol at 2:30.

Coppers is the only place I can think of that actually is still serving right up until 4. The owner of the place is an ex guard so whether that has anything to do with it I have no idea.

Would the hotel part upstairs have something to do with it? Maybe there is some loophole in the law about what constitutes a residents bar.

If it's just the case of having an ex-guard as an owner, I'm surprised none of the other clubs on Harcourt St. have objected, or at least tried to stay open until 4 am themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 crouchingtiger

Go to the George, call it a cultural experience. Just make sure you pretend/are lesbians rather than tourists. You'll have great craic. (Its like gay coppers, except better.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Ron Blacks has been closed for around 10 months now and it's sister pub Searsons has sadly recently closed.

Advertisement