Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevenage Away - F.A Cup 5th round

Options
  • 18-02-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Hopefully the team will take this seriously and we can avoid any slip ups. We need to be more switched on than we were at Watford. Am not sure of team news but am guessing Harry will go pretty strong to make sure of advance to Quarter finals as Wembley draws closer. I would love to win this cup this year, has been too long since we have. COYS!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I reckon he'll rest allot for one more round. Then gun for it. I think a strong second 11 should have more then enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

of course it will be a 2nd string side considering we have the gooners away next week but our 2nd string is a bit stronger than most.i expect to see something like......
    cudicini
    walker
    dawson
    nelson
    rose
    lennon
    livermore
    kranjar
    gio
    saha
    defoe
    this team together with a strong bench (just in case)of bale,modric adebayor etc should be enough to get us into the next round.i'll say 0-2 defoe and saha with the goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

of course it will be a 2nd string side considering we have the gooners away next week but our 2nd string is a bit stronger than most.i expect to see something like......
    cudicini
    walker
    dawson
    nelson
    rose
    lennon
    livermore
    kranjar
    gio
    saha
    defoe
    this team together with a strong bench (just in case)of bale,modric adebayor etc should be enough to get us into the next round.i'll say 0-2 defoe and saha with the goals.

IMO cant see Rose or Gio starting, we take these guys lightly at our peril. It is fair enough to assume maybe Brad, Bale and King might be rested but apart from that I think it will be near full strength. Remember Harry did play Modric and Ade against Watford.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Saha and Ade were so good together last week I hope HR plays them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Team news, no Modric or Ade
    We've just got the team in and it looks as
    though we'll be playing three centre-backs.
    Team to face Stevange: Cudicini; Walker;
    Dawson; Kaboul; Nelsen; Rose; Livermore;
    Parker; Bale; Defoe; Saha. SUBS: Friedel;
    Lennon; Kranjcar; King; Khumalo; Dawkins;
    Luongo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Confirmed line-up:

Cudicini
    Walker --- Dawson --- Nelson --- Kaboul --- Rose
    Parker --- Livermore --- Bale
    Defoe --- Saha

Very interesting.. and confusing..

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

THFC wrote: »
    Confirmed line-up:

Cudicini
    Walker --- Dawson --- Nelson --- Kaboul --- Rose
    Parker --- Livermore --- Bale
    Defoe --- Saha

Very interesting.. and confusing..

Rose will be in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

RoboClam wrote: »
    Rose will be in midfield.

Or Kaboul right back with rose left back and Kyle right mid?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Cudicini
    Dawson --- Nelson --- Kaboul
    Walker --- Parker --- Livermore --- Bale --- Rose
    Defoe --- Saha

According to UTV, interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty on Twitter at the Lamex Stadium: "Spurs' fans opening salvo: "Arsene Wenger - we want you to stay". :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's difficult to say at the moment which team is in the Premiership! Terrible long balls, poor control, bad passing, etc - Spurs are not showing much intensity so let's hope that doesn't end up biting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

How **** are Spurs so far in this game......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Poor so far ****ty chants by stevenage about Bale but we have been way to defensive

We need to start playing in the 2nd half or we could be in trouble. I never like when we dont play our strongest 11 available, we never look as good with a couple out.

Poor so far ****ty chants by stevenage about Bale but we have been way to defensive

3 centre backs, 2 defensive midfielders. No creativity... Would swear we're playing Barcelona and are parking the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

playing terrible so we are... Rose has been brilliant, but for the most part, terrible.

Roy Keane has got it spot on, the players are not focused and are not at the races. Bloody hell sort it out sharpish Spurs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

any links???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Wow, how unlucky was that.

• Advertisement

One example of when the offside rule is completely and utterly stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

irishmover wrote: »
    One example of when the offside rule is completely and utterly stupid.

No it's not :confused: He's offside. End of.

Cudicini is muck.

SantryRed wrote: »
    No it's not :confused: He's offside. End of.

Cudicini is muck.

There was no other outcome but the ball in the goal. There was no benefit from the position Parker was in. Again, at times the offside rule is utterly stupid.

This is so bloody frustrating to watch. It's like they've forgotten how to pass the ball!!

SuprSi wrote: »
    This is so bloody frustrating to watch. It's like they've forgotten how to pass the ball!!

Shows how much we rely on Adebayor and Modric. Then again, what else could we expect from playing 3 centre backs and 2 defensive midfielders.

Should park the bus at WHL too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Very poor we struggled on the pitch and with the formation, but should progress to the next round in the replay dissapointed to get an extra game to play though.

F*cking muck from Spurs, not at all acceptable in fairness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think that's as bad a result as we could have gotten today. I think i'd rather lose than have another game added to the schedule. Really poor by us, and when teams really come at us physically, we can really struggle.

Awful game to watch.

• Advertisement

Shocking stuff, absolutely shocking. Dawson had an absolute mare, along with Bale, but special praise goes out to Defoe who, despite being on the pitch for 90 minutes, didn't manage one meaningful pass or attempt on goal. Rubbish. We really could've done without the extra game but should deal with them easily enough in the replay.

Advertisement