Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevenage Away - F.A Cup 5th round

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Kiith wrote: »
    I think that's as bad a result as we could have gotten today. I think i'd rather lose than have another game added to the schedule. Really poor by us, and when teams really come at us physically, we can really struggle.

Awful game to watch.

Aww no way man, we are in the hat. A loss would have been a disaster, as we can win this cup if we actually decide to turn up and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

I think that's as bad a result as we could have gotten today. I think i'd rather lose than have another game added to the schedule. Really poor by us, and when teams really come at us physically, we can really struggle.

Awful game to watch.

????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Bolton at home if we beat Stevenage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well that's a decent draw, assuming we get past Stevenage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I dont think an extra game will make too much difference to us. Its not as if we have been severely stretched with games since december?

A horrible pitch, super motivated players out to make a name for themselves, il gladly take a draw and a chance to take them at the lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ah these kind of days happen, luckily we got out of it. I really hope we go at this now cause there is nobody left who in that draw who I wouldn't fancy us against.

We'll stuff 'em at home.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ruiseal wrote: »
    ????

Ok, maybe slightly pesimistic, but I'm just not that bothered with the cup this year. Champions league football is all i'm concerned with at the moment, and the last thing we need is another tie against a tough lower division team with nothing to lose.

Of course i'd love to win it, but it's not the priority at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ok, maybe slightly pesimistic, but I'm just not that bothered with the cup this year.

I am sorry but totally disagree with this attitude. We have a serious shout at putting silverware in the cabinet and you are not bothered. These players are paid enough damn money to play twice in a week. This club is steeped in FA cup tradition and we can do both you know. Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion but to say not bothered with the FA cup is not an opinion that would be shared by many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Ok, maybe slightly pesimistic, but I'm just not that bothered with the cup this year.

I am sorry but totally disagree with this attitude. We have a serious shout at putting silverware in the cabinet and you are not bothered. These players are paid enough damn money to play twice in a week. This club is steeped in FA cup tradition and we can do both you know. Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion but to say not bothered with the FA cup is not an opinion that would be shared by many.

We can easily finish third and win the cup this season. Stevenage and Bolton and we are in semis. This is the easiest cup in years

We were terrible today but it's no big deal. We will ki them at the lane

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Oh don't mind me. It's just hard not to be negative after games like that.

I'll be my usual positive (less negative?) self tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Poor performance, but in years gone by, we wouldn't have been in the draw this evening, but we hung on to live another day. 2 home wins and it's a semi final in wemberley...COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dawson is only back 2-3 games and Im already fed up of those stupid long punts to no one in particular..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Poor performance, but in years gone by, we wouldn't have been in the draw this evening, but we hung on to live another day. 2 home wins and it's a semi final in wemberley...COYS
    That's more like it,I was happy to hear the final whistle today and bring this crowd back to the lane,of course we can finish 3rd and do well in the FA cup at the same time.Great draw for the next round aswell,our name is on that cup this year I'm telling ye.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Look at it this way.

If liverpool are good enough to finish the season with silverware in the trophy cabinet (assuming they will next week), they we bloodly well better get our act together and make a good go at the FA Cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Looks like March 7th is the replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Surely at this stage of the competition with a home draw against Bolton in the quarter finals (if we get over Stevenage in replay) and with the teams left in the competition Harry has to be thinking about winning the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Glebee wrote: »
    Surely at this stage of the competition with a home draw against Bolton in the quarter finals (if we get over Stevenage in replay) and with the teams left in the competition Harry has to be thinking about winning the cup.

In fairness, he has said for a good while now, that he thinks we have a great chance to go all the way now with so many of the top sides out. We have played poorly at Watford and Stevenage and are still 2 homes wins from a semi final at wembley, nothing wrong with that.

In saying all that, we all had us in the final when we played pompey in 2010 and got beat 2 zip so let not get too cocky.

Advertisement