Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi Magnum - Super Magnum

Options
  • 18-02-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if my 20 bore shotgun is capable of firing B&P supermagnum 70mm, 35gramme cartridges. On the gun itself it says proof tested TM. I have fired RC20 Semi Magnum 70mm, 32gramme with no problems. Both cartridges state that max 1050Bar. However on the B&P Supermagnum on the box it states "to be used exclusively on guns 1370 bar proofed (P*S*F)" The gun itself is capable of firing 3 inch cartridges if that means anything. How do I know what the gun is proofed to? Is the TM some sort of code?

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

What model shotgun?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Mr.Flibble wrote: »
    What model shotgun?

IZARM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

there should be a pressue rating on the barrel 900kg 1050kg or 1370 kg if in doubt don't risk it a new face is expensive ;)

landkeeper wrote: »
    there should be a pressue rating on the barrel 900kg 1050kg or 1370 kg if in doubt don't risk it a new face is expensive ;)

After the serial No. on the barrel are two numbers stamped separately a 90 should I assume that this means 900kg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

can you strip it and have a good look at the proof marks maybe post pics

• Advertisement

Landkeeper,

Here are pics of the only proof marks that are on the gun. I have already been firing 32g magnums through it with no problems, but if it is not safe I won't continue.

Have been reading that these Turkish guns don't have the same marks as European guns.

I sent this email to the gun manufacturer in Turkey and got this reply.

Dear Sir,

I have purchased an Izarm 20 gauge O/U shotgun, my question is what is the gun proofed to ? I notice stamped on the barell is "90" right next to the serial number, is this 90 bar ? If so, would it not be safe to fire cartridges with "max 1050 bar" on them ?

Thanking you in kind anticipation of your reply.

Dear Sir,

Proof means it is checked by heavy cartridges ( more than 1050 bar ) before we put the gun in c. box.

You can use it with 1050 bar.No problem.

Best Regards,

Ilker

Advertisement