Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould smell in garden shed

Options
  • 18-02-2012 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭

Spent a good bit on a wooden shed last feb. There is already a moldy smell in it :( the front of it faces west and when it rains heavy inside the door either side and one corner gets damp.
    I got the company out who I bought it off and they lengthened the door stops. This stopped some of the water bit it's still getting damp . I siliconed around door as well :(
    Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Is it lifted off the ground on blocks? Is there anything up against it at ground level that would stop it drying off? One of my garden sheds is in a dip, has a very basic door and is not cared for at all but it is lifted clear of the ground and stays dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

looksee wrote: »
    Is it lifted off the ground on blocks? Is there anything up against it at ground level that would stop it drying off? One of my garden sheds is in a dip, has a very basic door and is not cared for at all but it is lifted clear of the ground and stays dry.
    Yes it's up on blocks and nothing up against it. Water defo only comes in after rain. I think it may be entering somewhere else and working it's way down to floor inside door.
    I'm very disappointed as it cost a lot !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Any rip or loose seam in the roof felt, or could there be a loose bit of roof felt directing water towards the shed rather than away?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

looksee wrote: »
    Any rip or loose seam in the roof felt, or could there be a loose bit of roof felt directing water towards the shed rather than away?
    I'll have a look thanks. Or more to the point I'll get them back out to look !

Advertisement