Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

news paper recycling

Options
  • 18-02-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

sorry there may be a thread about this already.

Why have they taken out the newspaper recycling in Bagenalstown and near the college in carlow? I do a big recycling clear out every few months so they may be gone a while at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Cost!
    plain and simple.
    The high volume of illegal dumping that went on was given as a major factor. It costs a lot of money to clean up, surveil and investigate so they decided it was cheaper to remove. Plus the bins are hired and that costs too. Facilities in other areas were closed too, basically the money isn't there to continue providing the number of facilities across the county.
    All this was reported recently in the local papers including the free ones.

You can recycle your newspapers and all other dry recyclables, clothes and paint cans at Powerstown for the princely sum of €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Cost!
    plain and simple.
    The high volume of illegal dumping that went on was given as a major factor. It costs a lot of money to clean up, surveil and investigate so they decided it was cheaper to remove. Plus the bins are hired and that costs too. Facilities in other areas were closed too, basically the money isn't there to continue providing the number of facilities across the county.

You can recycle your newspapers and all other dry recyclables, clothes and paint cans at Powerstown for the princely sum of €2.

thanks, dont really read local newspapers much. fecking disgrace, a free facility and a few people abuse it and ruin it for others. I'm happy to pay the €2 euro for the big bundle I would be recyling at at a time but it was just handy to go pop into bagenalstown to recycle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

If you have paper to get rid of , our school in Carlow town collects for a recycler.PM me if you want details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Mu auld fella makes his own briquettes from old newspaper and magazines, and would be only too happy to take it from you.

I can collect it too if you like.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
    Al....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Cost!
    plain and simple.

the one at the college should have been monitored by netwatch (who monitor the college) then have someone yell at any illegal dumpers would have stopped the problems there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement