Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cutsman Courses

• 18-02-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I am just wondering if there is any courses running for cutsmen in ireland or is there any need for them? Can coach/cornerman do enough to patch fighters up during fights?

Comments

AFAIK Joe Clifford does them. I'm sure someone can get you in contact with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

there are cut man courses in Bewleys hotel I think newlands cross the odd time, if you stuck talk to any ambulance man, and they should be able to give you the low down.

And no matter what they say... super glue is your no.1 friend :)

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tyreman1

joe did a course at TEAM RYANO for us which we made an open invite. few coaches and staff from mma gyms attended and the feed bck was great.
    joe mailed me recently , hes in sweden until the end of march.

il post on here the next time hes doing a course at the club

p.s. super glue is a no no. joe will show you the correct way to close near enough any cut ( within reason lol)

stephen lowry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

stephen will you bear us in mind if joe runs one again please.

Also super glue saved me on occassions and even though its frowned upon.... it does exactly as it says on the tin :)

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tyreman1

chprt wrote: »
    stephen will you bear us in mind if joe runs one again please.

Also super glue saved me on occassions and even though its frowned upon.... it does exactly as it says on the tin :)

no probs chprt, lol
    pm me your details mate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 handsontherapy

Hi my name is Joseph Clifford and i run the cutsmen courses that are occasionally on in the Green Isle Hotel. I don't know what sport you are involved in e.g. pro boxing, MMA etc and i appreciate the lads telling that their are courses that you should do. But putting super glue in a cut causes light scar tissue to heal. Plain english it doesn't heal properly and will open very easily again, not to mention the toxic effects it has on the tissue i.e. skin.
    The reason i put on the course was to teach cornermen good ethic and i am sanctioned by the Pro Boxing Union of Ireland to do so. I know from working as a cutsmen that the last person i'd ask to stop the blood is a doctor or a paramedic (unless it was an arterial bleed i.e. artery) because that means the fight will be stopped. The reason your there is to stop the blood and the sanctioned drug to do that is adreneline 1:1000. After the fight you can ask the paramedic or doc to stitch the cut. I'll be home on March 5th and you can contact me via web page or email www.handontherapy.ie, or info@handsontherapy.ie.
    Again i appreciate the lads pointing you in the right direction
    Talk soon
    Joe

Advertisement