Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Agriculture College

• 18-02-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Did many people here attend agriculture training colleges. If you did what aspects of the course did you find useful and what aspects would you change?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Hi Guys,

Did many people here attend agriculture training colleges. If you did what aspects of the course did you find useful and what aspects would you change?
    I went to mountbellew 4 or 5 years ago to do the green cert. To be honest I don't think we learned much in the college that you wouldn't have known if you grew up on a farm. The farm placement for 3 months was a good experience I thought though but I got with a good suckler lad which is what I wanted. A lot of lads from suckler farms had to go milking and they had no interest in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

Hi Guys,

I went to mountbellew 4 or 5 years ago to do the green cert. To be honest I don't think we learned much in the college that you wouldn't have known if you grew up on a farm. The farm placement for 3 months was a good experience I thought though but I got with a good suckler lad which is what I wanted. A lot of lads from suckler farms had to go milking and they had no interest in it.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

Hi Guys,

+1
    I was 10yrs ago in mountbellew
    Meet best friends for life
    That I hated pigs
    And had serious craic

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

Went to Warrenstown for a year.Thought I knew it all before I went!Should have listened a lot more.Got put on Pig Duty for two Practicals coz some fecker had pull and wanted to do crops/machinery each time.It was the one practical that would have been of most use to me!I learned that I information is invaluable and another way of doing things is often better than your own way.

Advertisement