Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprinter Sacre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

It's the most sensible thing any of these panelists have come out with this year if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

It's the most stupid thing I've heard all year. There is no such thing as a bomb proof horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

UrbanSea wrote: »
    It's the most stupid thing I've heard all year. There is no such thing as a bomb proof horse.

Any chance of a trip report from last night Urban ? Didnt get a chance to get in there last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Think Gavin shels will be doing that. I left early, they started an hour late.

Even if they win you're still 100% correct with that statement :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Have you not seen War Horse yet?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

I'll eat my leg if bombproof hurricane fly doesn't win!!

Quevega/Hurricane Fly/Big Bucks is my "bombproof" treble!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

leggit wrote: »

We have it in writing now, lads, (and it's quoted here incase he tries to delete the post) so if HF doesn't win we'll all get to watch (or hear about) leggit eating his own leg! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Folski

Ice87 wrote: »
    It seems that you are trying to convince yourself more than anything else that SS is a sure thing and Al ferof won't be able to touch it. If he's not off the bridle within this race I'll eat my hat.

I hope he turns out to be as good as the hype which surrounds him but I think this track if anything else could be the doing of him.

It doesn't matter what French Opera is rated. Forpaddy ran a great race that day and still finished 6 lengths behind Al Ferof.

If we were to go by the I'm So Lucky form in previous races you would say both horses are fairly equal would you not?

Look at previous races, you could say Sizing Europe had arguably better form leading up to his Arkle victory and he was 6/1 to win it.

Maybe it is a very poor arkle but the odds don't seem to reward the risk at the moment.

Henderson has come out and said French Opera was no where near fully wound up that day so I'd doubt that you could compare the form to Al Ferof's run ahead of Forpadytheplasterer.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Folski

Well I'll be backing Al Ferof with PP and getting my money back if indeed SS can hack up the hill, simple as

If you were to back with SS with Boyles online or by phone and he was to finished second you'd also get your money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

convert wrote: »
    We have it in writing now, lads, (and it's quoted here incase he tries to delete the post) so if HF doesn't win we'll all get to watch (or hear about) leggit eating his own leg! :pac:

Who will be from then on in known simply as, Git.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

This is cyber bullying!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Rhinestone Cowboy

Some fine Sprinter Sacre quotes on that link. Davy has been on a bit of a journey :)
    On his tour around the previews (nobody else seems to do as many!) Davy told one audience that “Richard Johnson told me he would win the Arkle on Menorah” and that "he spoke to Joe Tizzard who rides Cue Card and he promised to set a strong pace to expose any stamina weakness in Sprinter Sacre, which may set the race up for Peddlers Cross or possibly Al Ferof”. At the latest previews Davy has seemingly seen the light. It has now been reported that he considers Sprinter Sacre “unbeatable”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Some fine Sprinter Sacre quotes on that link. Davy has been on a bit of a journey :)
    I particularly like Geraghtys! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

If this happens I am going to call you hoppit!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Looks like you're just going to be 'git' now! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

That was a serious "wow" performance from SS

Looked like he'd win by 2f when jumping the 3rd last.

Just jaw dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭Morgans

That was a serious "wow" performance from SS

Looked like he'd win by 2f when jumping the 3rd last.

Just jaw dropping

Isnt that the key though. He didnt. I was suprised to see Cue Card within hailing distance at the last - to the extent that SS needed a good jump. It was heartening to see him find for pressure (for what it was) up the hill. Oozes quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I don't think he came out of 2nd gear tbh. Geraghty seemed to only give him a flick down to neck to keep his mind on the job in the straight. Travelled & jumped super.

Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭Morgans

Would be worth going to Punchestown to see - or Aintree for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

I don't need to say much but it was a pleasure to watch Sprinter Sacre treat the opposition with as much disdain as I had for them, and in doing so confirming my views which were so heavily ridiculed here.

Well done backers.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

Just had a quick scout through the thread Huntley, and I didn't see anyone ridiculing your opinion. Indeed, most agreed with you. One guy thought he wouldn't win on the bridle but, other than that, I can't see anyone heavily ridiculing you.

Well done on the shout though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Didn't win on the bridle
    He did in his other races

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

newuser89 wrote: »
    Didn't win on the bridle
    He did in his other races

Didnt get whipped, he was pushed out just to keep his mind on the job.

It was as close to on the bridle as you will see at the festival.

I'm not saying he did, I'm saying that I can't see the heavy ridicule that Huntley speaks of.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

Just had a quick scout through the thread Huntley, and I didn't see anyone ridiculing your opinion. Indeed, most agreed with you. One guy thought he wouldn't win on the bridle but, other than that, I can't see anyone heavily ridiculing you.

Well done on the shout though!

It isn't confined to this thread, there were plenty of people who didn't like my blatant bullishness about the horse and ridiculed my views. I'm not bothered though, it's clear who the foolish ones are now and it's all about the coins at the end of the day for me.

Well, it's not on this thread anyway, lad!

Like I said, good shout! Would have been very frustrating to miss him...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I'm not saying he did, I'm saying that I can't see the heavy ridicule that Huntley speaks of.

I didnt quote you. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Eased near finish is how it looked
    Looked back at it and I'm surprised how close cue card was
    Someone quoted me saying he won't win on the bridle straight after he won
    But he didn't win like he did in his other races
    He needed to be kept going
    Next years champ chaser definitely either way
    Geraghty already said finians rainbow will be going to Ryanair next year lol
    I do think had they jumped the last sizing Europe would of beat finians

Advertisement