Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprinter Sacre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

Sorry md, my comment was for newuser89

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

newuser89 wrote: »
    Eased near finish is how it looked
    Looked back at it and I'm surprised how close cue card was
    Someone quoted me saying he won't win on the bridle straight after he won
    But he didn't win like he did in his other races
    He needed to be kept going
    Next years champ chaser definitely either way
    Geraghty already said finians rainbow will be going to Ryanair next year lol
    I do think had they jumped the last sizing Europe would of beat finians

Im not so sure.

When Lynch realised he just yanked Sizing Europe straight into Finian's Rainbow and Barry nearly fell off. It put him off balance and he had to pick back up. Whoever jumped the last the cleaner would have won imo. We'll never know but I dont think they can have too many complaints.

Indeed, SE gave FR a right bump, SE was also ahead by a decent neck or so up the hill after that but FR had more in the tank. The jump could have been crucial but FR popped them all nicely and was going just as well so 'twould be toss of a biased coin to say SE would have won me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Just the way lynch pulled him out of his stride and his head reared badly
    SE looked tired after that which he shouldn't be for a horse that stays
    2 miles 7 f
    He never got back into his stride

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

Seasonal Achievements:

Wayward Lad (Grade 2)
    Game Spirit (Grade 2)
    Arkle (Grade 1)
    Mughall (Grade 1)

A fantastic novice season by all accounts, treated his opposition with absolute contempt when he hadn't scared them off already.

The question now is how many lengths will he win the Champion Chase by?

sprinter.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭Morgans

I think Sprinter Sacre is now unfortunately overrated. It's very easy to pull apart the novice form and I'd prefer to take the chance on Finian's Rainbow at 7s ew than 5/4 about the fav. Sprinter Sacre doesnt have better form yet - might only be a matter of time - but the gap in the odds does not reflect their chances. I think he still has to improve to win the QM, and 5/4 should be reserved for horses like BB or Quevega where they dont need to improve and the opposition is unlikely to improve past.

Sainctuaire in that form on Tingle Creek day would be a threat. I dont see him running to that form too often. Great win. I cant see him running like that and winning the QM. Also has looked reluctant in the past.

Huntley wrote: »

The question now is how many lengths will he win the Champion Chase by?

sprinter.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

19 lengths was the answer.

Tingle Creek, Victor Chandler and Queen Mother added to the resumé. Rated 188. Unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

19 lengths was the answer.

Tingle Creek, Victor Chandler and Queen Mother added to the resumé. Rated 188. Unstoppable.

And Punchestown bound please God! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It would be brilliant to see him over in Punchestown. Would be pretty special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

He is good

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

4/6 for next seaons Champion chase,Tempted to back this every week :D he doesnt get injured he will turn up a 1/20 shot.

SRFC wrote: »
    4/6 for next seaons Champion chase,Tempted to back this every week :D he doesnt get injured he will turn up a 1/20 shot.

Was evens before the race!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Best 2 miler I have ever seen, this horse is just an absolute tank that runs top class horses into the ground. Maybe a stupid question but does anybody think he would stay The Gold Cup distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

maybe not gold cup distance but would love to see him have a crack at a king george. they wont tho it will be the champion chase for the rest of his career

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Best 2 miler I have ever seen, this horse is just an absolute tank that runs top class horses into the ground. Maybe a stupid question but does anybody think he would stay The Gold Cup distance?

I suggested that months ago on here. Didn't go down too well.

ft9 wrote: »

I suggested that months ago on here. Didn't go down too well.
    I dont see why not, he stayed 2 miles 4 on soft ground at Ascot as a 4 year old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

If he was to run in the champion hurdle next year how would you price it up lads? hes rated high 140s over hurdles wasnt he :pac: Would you back him to win a champion with his engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

he would have hacked up in this years champion. he was a big baby as a 4/5 year in his novice hurdle season.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

oh and simonsig would have won this years champion hurdle too

SRFC wrote: »
    If he was to run in the champion hurdle next year how would you price it up lads? hes rated high 140s over hurdles wasnt he :pac: Would you back him to win a champion with his engine?

Odds on anyways, maybe 1/2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Johner wrote: »
    Was evens before the race!

Where did you get that price? He was 1/4 on Betfair before the race.

I meant he was evens for next years Champion Chase before the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Don't do it chemical you bollox. Was really looking forward to going to see him in Punchestown.

Supposedly his biggest test today stepping up to 2 and a half miles. I'm not really sure if people actually believe he can be beaten, there is nothing that has a remote possibility of doing that provided he runs to within 10lbs of his best. Flemenstar's connections seem to be caught up in a bubble of 'Anthony Knott syndrome', a likeable high class animal but he won't be able to get Sprinter Sacre out of his comfort zone. He would need to run the race of his life to even beat Cue Card provided he runs near to form. Cue Card would have been a standout 2 miler in his own right had he not emerged at the same time as this superstar but I'm intrigued to see how close he gets.

Hopefully Sprinter Sacre returns safe and sound with another Grade 1 in the bag. Some overrated horse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Supposedly his biggest test today stepping up to 2 and a half miles. I'm not really sure if people actually believe he can be beaten, there is nothing that has a remote possibility of doing that provided he runs to within 10lbs of his best. Flemenstar's connections seem to be caught up in a bubble of 'Anthony Knott syndrome', a likeable high class animal but he won't be able to get Sprinter Sacre out of his comfort zone. He would need to run the race of his life to even beat Cue Card provided he runs near to form. Cue Card would have been a standout 2 miler in his own right had he not emerged at the same time as this superstar but I'm intrigued to see how close he gets.

Hopefully Sprinter Sacre returns safe and sound with another Grade 1 in the bag. Some overrated horse though.
    Overrated???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭Morgans

See its a dig at me who called his novice form overrated.

I would always urge caution at backing 5/4 shots (even ones that good) 6 months before a race.

The thing about the novice form isnt what Sprinter Sacre has done for it, its what Cue Card has done for it. Cue Card looked to be somewhat disappointing as a novice given the promise he had early on. He is a genuine top notcher, but has run into a machine in Sprinter Sacre. Im sure he would have finished second in the QM, and its a shame that the Ryanair diluted that.

I hope Sprinter Sacre jumps better today than he did at Cheltenham. Normally foot perfect, if they can get him out of his rtythm its their only chance. Think his class will see him through regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

I hope CC and Flemenstar run above themselves today so we can see a 200 rating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

It's very easy to use hindsight to say an assessment at a point in time (which had no benefit of hindsight) on whether an animal was over or under rated was right or wrong.

For example if SS was currently rated 200+ I'd say he was over rated on what he'd actually done. That would not mean I don't reckon he's capable of posting such a figure at a time in the future. It would then be easy to come back and laugh at me having said he was over rated if he did go & post many 200+ performances

Strangely all the calls that Grandouet was over rated on what he'd actually achieved on the track before the champion hurdle and again before the Aintree hurdle, won by the muppet horse, have yet to be bumped.

Advertisement