Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing gunnels

• 18-02-2012 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

what would be the best method for shaping gunnells cant find anything on the web im going to be replacing mine in the next few weeks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

IF your talking about bending them to the shape of the boat I find doing it in laminations easy if you don't have a big steamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

yea bending them into shape really only the ones on the bow, do you laminate with epoxy and clamp them together or just wood glue

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

davlacey wrote: »
    yea bending them into shape really only the ones on the bow, do you laminate with epoxy and clamp them together or just wood glue

Yep that's it, I would go with the epoxy much stronger and more water resistant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

cheers hopefully it will be handy enough

Advertisement