Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband line dropping

Options
  • 18-02-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I've had this problem for years now and have tried so many different things to try and resolve it.

The line drops all the time, I have tried ringing and get the same set of procedures to go through each time. Check and see if anything is connected to line, only a phone that has been checked a number of times, tried taking off for a few days only leaving router on, problem persisted. Tried with and without splitters, tried a new router, resetting old and new routers etc etc. No sign of being resolved. Had an Eircom Engineer out, who called in and was let in and left without giving us an update and had Eircom close and mark as resolved.

At this stage I don't know where to turn so sadly here, no one can seem to give an answer to what the problem is. I am getting sick and tired of trying to resolve this going on something like 5 years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

midlouth wrote: »
    I've had this problem for years now and have tried so many different things to try and resolve it.

The line drops all the time, I have tried ringing and get the same set of procedures to go through each time. Check and see if anything is connected to line, only a phone that has been checked a number of times, tried taking off for a few days only leaving router on, problem persisted. Tried with and without splitters, tried a new router, resetting old and new routers etc etc. No sign of being resolved. Had an Eircom Engineer out, who called in and was let in and left without giving us an update and had Eircom close and mark as resolved.

At this stage I don't know where to turn so sadly here, no one can seem to give an answer to what the problem is. I am getting sick and tired of trying to resolve this going on something like 5 years.

Thanks for your post.

If you PM your phone number, I will look into your query.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I have been having the same problem for nearly the last year.i was told on Friday that the problem would be solved today but I' m still getting less than 2mb speed , it hasn't dropped today though.

I've done all the things you have mentioned and got a new modem from them last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

scwazrh wrote: »
    I have been having the same problem for nearly the last year.i was told on Friday that the problem would be solved today but I' m still getting less than 2mb speed , it hasn't dropped today though.

I've done all the things you have mentioned and got a new modem from them last week.

Hi scwazrh,

Thanks for your post. PM me with your phone number and I will check the case history with Technical Support.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement