Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec - Zone tamper fault

Options
  • 18-02-2012 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,
    My Astec alarm is having issues with one of its zones, it displays Zone 3 Fault. There was a tamper error with I was doing some diy and hit the sensor.
    I've tried to bypass the zone but it still comes up with the Zone 3 fault when I try to set it.
    Is there a way to turn off zone 3, or disconnect the sensor in question so it doesn't randomly set the alarm off with a tamper fault and will allow me to set the alarm?

Thanks
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Dakar32 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My Astec alarm is having issues with one of its zones, it displays Zone 3 Fault. There was a tamper error with I was doing some diy and hit the sensor.
    I've tried to bypass the zone but it still comes up with the Zone 3 fault when I try to set it.
    Is there a way to turn off zone 3, or disconnect the sensor in question so it doesn't randomly set the alarm off with a tamper fault and will allow me to set the alarm?

Thanks
    David

To solve the problem go around the sensors on the zone and make sure the lids are on correctly. I would say one is just loose if you banged off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dakar32

Yep that sounds right, anytime I touch it though it sets the alarm off with a tamper fault, even though the alarm is off.

Yep that sounds right, anytime I touch it though it sets the alarm off with a tamper fault, even though the alarm is off.

If you remove the lid it will activate the system as a tamper. If by touching the sensor it does this it may be a loose connection in the sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dakar32

Cheers that seems to have done it for now.
    Took it apart made sure all the connections were good and put it back together.

Thanks a million for your help.

Cheers that seems to have done it for now.
    Took it apart made sure all the connections were good and put it back together.

Thanks a million for your help.

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Another thing to check is that the sensor lid is secure. Sometimes the base gets damaged & the lid does not lock into place. When in place correctly you should not be able to remove the lid without turning the plastic screw to the unlock position.

Advertisement