Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TEFL Info Please

• 18-02-2012 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Just want information on TEFLcourses .
    My main reason is to live in madrid close to my girlfriend and child.

It seems all money to me just to get a certification.
    Do they companies provide assistance after completion.

Also confused so many different companies awards and prices.
    Is one companies accreditation favoured over anothers.?

Gratefull for any help .Very tired this country this seems my only solution

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

There are many companies and lots of choices.

My advice is to do either the CELTA or the Trinity TESOL course. These courses are accepted globally.

If you are going to Spain you could take a look at these guys I.t is tough to get accepted but I don't think they require a certificate and pay a lot better than anyone else.

http://www.vaughanenglishteachers.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭See Ye

Basically to get a decent job in a big city you'll need a qualification. Look at the cost of doing a CELTA course at International House in Madrid - no guarantees but there's always a chance they could offer you work afterwards (we do this at IH Paris altho' obviously we can't take on everyone we train).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 stephen.shortt

You can do a TEFL/CELT Course which is internationally recognised and accredited by the Irish Department of Education & Skills.

We run courses regularly in Dublin and would be able to give a lot of information about getting work in Ireland and abroad. Many schools who run courses coming up to the summer try to get some of the graduates to work during our own busy season (summer months) which may give you some cash before heading off to Madrid.

Anecdotally I believe that qualifications received by native speakers in their home countries would have a little more weight than native speakers who got their qualifications in the local country but as the courses are so prescribed - the CELTA Course you would do in Madrid would be the same as one you'd do in Dublin - I doubt that is a valid argument.

Best of luck!
    Stephen

Advertisement