Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lighter Gas - Where to buy?

Options
  • 18-02-2012 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Hi - after some help again please...

Does anyone know where I can get some Butane gas to refill lighters? Seems the supermarkets don't sell it, and I don't know where else to look!

TIA :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Porters in town I'd have said.
    Where you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

The gala on Camden wharf has it. Or the place that sells pipes an lighters etc on the road down the side of le chateau towards the big boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'm in the city myself, so Porter's will be no trouble to get to!

Thanks!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Hi - after some help again please...

Does anyone know where I can get some Butane gas to refill lighters? Seems the supermarkets don't sell it, and I don't know where else to look!

TIA :)

Check the new Dealz (is it open yet?) in Letterkenny dealz they sell them for 1.49 dunno about cork but they might have them.

Avoid maplin, huge rip off there about 7 euros per can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Ronan cork wrote: »
    The gala on Camden wharf has it. Or the place that sells pipes an lighters etc on the road down the side of le chateau towards the big boots

The former has some of the stock from the latter since it closer down last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

That place has closed down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

I was wondering why they started selling pipes and stuff!! Are there any other tobacconists in the centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

I was wondering why they started selling pipes and stuff!! Are there any other tobacconists in the centre?

They didn't START selling pipes and stuff. They were doing it for over 100 years! lol :o

Went into town yesterday. Checked all the stores mentioned with the exception of the place on Camden Quay which I didn't get time to get to.

NONE of the stores mentioned had any! For those who might be interested, Dealz do not have a licence to sell Butane gas in Cork.

Thanks for the help guys. The search goes on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

Try mmmad on North main street. Pretty sure I bought it there before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Went into town yesterday. Checked all the stores mentioned with the exception of the place on Camden Quay which I didn't get time to get to.

NONE of the stores mentioned had any! For those who might be interested, Dealz do not have a licence to sell Butane gas in Cork.

Thanks for the help guys. The search goes on! :D

I recently went on this search with success!
    Surprisingly the types of stores that seem to stock it are pound shops!
    So if you're in the city, try the 2 euro shop on oliver plunkett street, or there's another big pound shop on north main street.

If they don't work then I got mine in the pound shop in Wilton shopping center. I actually got it from the little stalls for 4 euro, but saw it afterwards in the larger pound shop in wilton for 2 euro!

Thanks for the tip Babo9!

Got a tip from my SiL that the pound shop in Blackpool SC stocks it. So I beetled round, and lo and behold - there it was!

Happy Days!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

They definitely do have it in dealz now in Cork. Between the ice cream freezer and the checkout bottom shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

The petrol station on Vicars Rd also stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Tobacco shop on academy st perhaps

soundsham wrote: »
    Tobacco shop on academy st perhaps

Be kind of difficult to get it there. That shop's been closed since the end of January! :D

Advertisement