Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How has Facebook impacted on your life?

Options
  • 18-02-2012 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi folks!

I'm doing some research towards a proposal for a documentary that would be on RTE if it is accepted. My idea is around the impact of Facebook and the way different people use it and interact with it in their lives.

So, I want to know about how you use it, how many of your FB friends are you actually friends with, any positives or negatives, any obsessive/compulsive timeline checking/status updating?

So far, Terry McMahon - Writer/Director of multi-award winning feature film, 'Charlie Casanova' - has come on board to tell the story of how he managed to get the production from the page onto the screen through a Facebook status update.

Also, Jillian Godsil has come on board with the story of how she started trying to sell her house with a Facebook update and a youtube clip which went viral.

I'm also looking at the recent protests outside Facebook's Dublin offices in relation to their policy of removing pictures of mothers breastfeeding their children if another Facebook user reports them.

So, if you've got a story to tell or an opinion on anything Facebook related and would be willing to talk on camera - please PM me.

All the best, Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Creeping.

/welcome to AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

It hasn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Free Speech IE

Sorry. You've lost me. What's 'Creeping'? If I'm in the wrong forum for what I'm trying to do, is there another section that would be more appropriate?

Thanks
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Creeping.

/welcome to AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

eth0 wrote: »
    It hasn't

Why not? wake up and join the revolution you philistine

Oh wait now that I think of it I'm the same as you couldn't give a monkeys about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I have a facebook account. i don't understand how anyone could spend any amount of time on it (or twitter for that matter).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Sorry. You've lost me. What's 'Creeping'? If I'm in the wrong forum for what I'm trying to do, is there another section that would be more appropriate?

Thanks
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Creeping.

/welcome to AH.

Basically tossing off to your friends holiday pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

I no longer have to park outside my ex's house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Thanks

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Thanks

Also - OP is doing a project on Facebook and doesn't understand the term "creeping"?

Strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Nope, sorry, cant do that here.

Media and Research Forum here

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement