Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I sell pc parts?

Options
  • 18-02-2012 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,599 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Topbike77 wrote:
    This post has been deleted

Why would a lot of components suddenly become "incompatible" just from changing the processor on the board?
    The processor and board are probably the only two that are dictated whether it is Intel or AMD processor........
    You could almost definetly keep everything else if you wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Not necessarily. If it's an older computer, he changes the processor, meaning a change in motherboard, meaning potentially a change in memory (DDR3 vs. DDR2), and then maybe hard drives and optical drives (SATA vs. IDE).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,599 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Serephucus wrote: »
    Not necessarily. If it's an older computer, he changes the processor, meaning a change in motherboard, meaning potentially a change in memory (DDR3 vs. DDR2), and then maybe hard drives and optical drives (SATA vs. IDE).

Indeed, I realise that, however changing a proc from an AMD to an Intel would not have an impact on other components (outside of the mobo)unless age was also a consideration.
    I made my point in case the OP was under the impression that this change would effect all components when it MAY not.
    (I also put my post in context by stating that ONLY changing the processor would not have drastic as an effect on the other components)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

what do you plan on doing with your rig? good luck finding a 590. especially an evga one. even if you do find one, it would be a foolish buy. much better AMD offerings out now.

post up your stuff for sale on adverts.ie, and drop a link in the 'stuff for sale' stickied thread. :)

If you're gaming, there's no point going for the 2600K. The 2500K is a much better option.
    Also, the 590 is probably the absolute worst value card on the market at the moment. You'd be better going for two 580s, and even that would be stupid. Look at a 7970, or if you can wait a couple of months, a 680/690.

The only difference between the 2500K and the 2600K (aside from the 0.1GHz speed bump, which is pointless) is Hyperthreading. Since the vast majority of games use only two cores at most, having "only" four (vs. the eight you'd have with the 26) doesn't make the slightest bit of difference in any games. It can actually be slightly counterproductive in some games.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

There's a sticky in this forum if you want more coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Topbike77 wrote:

Fairly hard to shift full builds on adverts. Id say you would be better off breaking it up. Might be a bit more hassle but should move parts a bit easier.

If you'd like you could put it up as a complete build for a week or two, specify no splitting, and see how it goes. If that doesnt work break it up and let the vultures at it.

You should hold on to the RAM, PSU and HDD then alright as they would be fine in your new build.

Id estimate about Eur600 as a complete build would be a decent price??

Edit: You would also be able to pick up a small SSD for the difference between the 2500k and 2600k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Why not just upgrade what you have?
    An SSD would breath a lot of new life into that. Maybe a 7950 if games are a priority as well as overclocking the 1090T?

I'm talking about the i5. None of the processors have the same model number, so it's assumed you know the tier, etc.

Topbike77 wrote:

Best of luck selling it for anywhere near that price!

Need to be some bit realistic if you want someone to bid

http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/gaming-pc-high-end/1370203

Its built to sell in your add but you mention earlier that you are doing an upgrade, suggesting it has seen some use.

Best thing to do is to break it down and I am doing this with second hand prices.

CPU: 120
    RAM: 40
    PSU: 70
    GPU: 120
    HDD: 90
    CASE: 80
    MB: 80

- You havent mentioned if windows comes installed so I am going to assume it does. The other software is nice but not something someone is going to pay for if they are buying a gaming PC

Now that comes to a total of Eur600 which is the amount I posted on the last page. Now I think on adverts it is often a good idea to look for a bit more because people never pay asking and it will give you a bit of room to maneuver but no one is going to pay that kind of money for this machine.

Im just offering some advise. Even with new prices you wont get anywhere near what you are asking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

• Advertisement

Advertisement