Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lowcostholidays.ie NOT

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

OP if your argument is that their name is a lie, then this would be true if the name was, let's say: "lowestcost." in that case you could moan as much as you like (even though another poster has proved they have every right to have that name in general terms), however the name "low-cost" is subjective. You found cheaper, be happy, their name doesn't mean they guarantee they'll be cheaper just that they'll be, well, low cost.

Now go enjoy your savings no one else agrees! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Just booked a lowcost holiday to algarve. Thought I was getting a really good deal until they added all the surcharges. I could deal with paying €30 for 15kg baggage, and €32 for the transfer and also €20 something for the airline but the one that got me was the credit card surcharge at the end. This was another 87.44euro:eek: It did say it would be 1.1% of the cost but as my maths aren't good;
    I didn't even think to calculate it.
    In the end....not really low cost at all:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Total Price
    €746.18
    Total Paid
    €657.60 (including €87.44 credit card surcharge)

That's what I got when I pressed Book...as I said my maths aren't good:o

Maybe it's time to give lowcost a buzz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

tweety76 wrote: »
    I used lowcostholidays.ie when booking for a holiday to the Algarve later this year. They worked out the cheapest of any of the websites , saved ONLY 30 euro at the end of the day over booking through someone else but better in my pocket etc.!

+ 1

last year

We spend 190 Euros pp for a week long holiday in Lanzarote including Flight+hotel+transfer from/to airport.

I saved over 200 Euros by going with them:)

• Advertisement

After sending a few strongly worded emails about putting an 87.44 credit card surcharge onto my bill they eventually relented and cleared my outstanding balance of 91euros.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

After sending a few strongly worded emails about putting an 87.44 credit card surcharge onto my bill they eventually relented and cleared my outstanding balance of 91euros.:)

Their not the worst. I booked 2 weeks in fuertaventura with the gf last summer, €550 pp that was all inc flights, bags etc we didn't book transfers as the hotel wasn't too far from the airport we got a taxi for a tenner.
    Lowcosts all inclusive price was roughly the same as competitors self catering!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

They seem good value. A week in a hotel in Majorca in September, all inclusive, 2 adults and 2 kids, flights included- €989. Add €18 per person transfers. Wouldn't pay the €40 per checked in bag. Carry on will get us by. It allows you to remove these things very easily and makes it very clear what you are paying for.
    I can understand the charge on credit card payments. They have to pay around 3% of the value of the transaction to the credit card company, which works out quite expensive on high value things like holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lizm

We were looking for a 7 night stay in Malta for midweek to midweek any date for cheapest price. We went to Abbey travel and were told for that it would cost between 550 to 800 EACH. Cassidy travel gave us a quote of 490 each. we went onto low cost website and got an 8 night stay from the 20th to the 28th. All in all with flights accommodation and extra charges including a shuttle from airport to hotel it cost us 708.64 for both of us. We also checked other holiday deals websites and nowhere else was as cheap as low cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

6 days in the algarve

Payment summary:
    Total Price: €1,058.96
    Total Paid:€1,061.00 (including €26.04 card charge)
    Outstanding Balance: €0.01 to be paid by 11th March 2013

Where is the logic here? Just weird... Also wouldn't accept the original credit card for the 1 cent payment and I had to use my laser card...very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    6 days in the algarve

Payment summary:
    Total Price: €1,058.96
    Total Paid:€1,061.00 (including €26.04 card charge)
    Outstanding Balance: €0.01 to be paid by 11th March 2013

Where is the logic here? Just weird... Also wouldn't accept the original credit card for the 1 cent payment and I had to use my laser card...very strange.
    I had to get a small refund last year as they overcharged. Shouldn't have to pay that card fee on laser either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

kc66 wrote: »
    I had to get a small refund last year as they overcharged. Shouldn't have to pay that card fee on laser either.

The laser was only used for the 0.01 the rest was paid with a CC from what I understand.

Advertisement