Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a room for a party

Options
  • 18-02-2012 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hiya

Im new to Galway just wondering if anyone knows any pubs that would have a medium sized room to rent for a private function? Or how much they would be roughly?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Cottage Bar will give you a cosy room for 30 to 50 people for free

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

what Paddyfield said. nice place. upsatirs in the kings head is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

dan hibiki wrote: »
    what Paddyfield said. nice place. upsatirs in the kings head is another option.
    Used to be the same in buskers too. Upstairs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

The Skeff do the same, good food there too, lots of fried yumminess. I forget if it had to be paid for or not, it was a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

No where these days should charge you to rent a room, if they do, walk away.

If there's gonna be 30 - 50 people they should be happy to do finger food for either free, or a very small price (provided you'll be drinking)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I've just realized a Volunteering Website that started out as free to advertise what area of work you would like to volunteer in has now become a paid Website, - where ya have to pay something like €30 every month to have your Ad. posted that you are willing/available to volunteer!! :eek: Nearly fricking everything has to be paid for these days! :rolleyes: :/

I was actually quite surprised to read that there are still Establishments that would do this for free!! But I guess because of the times we're in drinking there is enough to have to pay for! But at the same time though, an extra room still has to be furnished, heated, lit etc. .......

• Registered Users Posts: 23 GMusicMan

The Imperial Hotel is good little spot for a private function, it was done up recently I believe, they can section off as much space as you need, and its free, as said most places are but only if you can guarantee the numbers.

Advertisement