Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom London

• 18-02-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am thinking of booking a trip away for my GF who loves the phantom of the opera. i was thinking london to go and see the show and dinner etc .. reading reviews it is mixed for london, where is the best place to go see this show anywhere in the world...

also any similar trips people did, what else did you do around it..
    appreciate any info..
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

I don't think the 'quality' of the show will differ much between the two places you would go to see it (West End and Broadway). The only production easily gotten to that would differ much from this is the soon-to-begin UK/Ireland tour which you can find here. This comes to Dublin in July, presumably an easier spot for you to get to. If she loves The Phantom Of The Opera then she'll love whatever production you take her to really, but there may be more of a romantic feel to taking her to London and seeing it where the show originated. Up to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

AndrewJD wrote: »
    I don't think the 'quality' of the show will differ much between the two places you would go to see it (West End and Broadway). The only production easily gotten to that would differ much from this is the soon-to-begin UK/Ireland tour which you can find here. This comes to Dublin in July, presumably an easier spot for you to get to. If she loves The Phantom Of The Opera then she'll love whatever production you take her to really, but there may be more of a romantic feel to taking her to London and seeing it where the show originated. Up to you!

Thanks for reply. Ye saw its coming to Dublin, wanted to make a weekend out of it. Any info on the best tickets to get for London show and how likely it is to get some? I Read that there are areas with restricted views..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I went to see Phantom at the weekend in the West End and I have no criticisms. It was unbelievable. The production of the show and the quality of the music was excellent. I would definitely recommend it, well worth the ticket price.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

I went to see Phantom at the weekend in the West End and I have no criticisms. It was unbelievable. The production of the show and the quality of the music was excellent. I would definitely recommend it, well worth the ticket price.

very good.. do you mind me asking how much the ticket was and where you got it? would you go for an upgrade on your ticket??
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

The ticket was 60 pounds I think but that was the third row from the stage so excellent seats. I booked before I went off the theatre website. Didn't fancy queuing up for the tickets when we arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Check out pre-bookable discount tickets via broadwaybox.com London discounts section http://www.broadwaybox.com/london/theatre/the_phantom_of_the_opera_tickets.aspx

Avoid booking through lastminute.com as they don't let you choose your seats.

Check www.theatremonkey.co.uk to see what seats to avoid in the theatre and which ones have the best view.

Advertisement