Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help!

Options
  • 18-02-2012 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Really need some help, I have an interview for a Masters on monday in the Agnes McGuire Social Work Building in the belfield campus and havn't got a clue how to get there from Waterford. I would be so so appreciative if someone could help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gradlife

grid E9 on the map, It's the building marked with a 1
    http://www.ucd.ie/maps/2012/UCD_Map_July_2011.pdf

As getting to ucd is pretty easy........google direction that **** out.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

god i'v tried, via michelin or aaroute planner won't recognise 'UCD' or 'belfield', I managed to get the maps of inside UCD but what exit I take off the motorway and where to go from there is where I'm stuck. Any idea's? Please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 badtinegirl

try find stillorgan on the roue planner and scroll the map towards dublin city and the fly over entrance for belfield will be shown you wont miss it.
    Good luck tomorrow.

aw great thanks a mill:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Try Google Maps: here's a link to the UCD area. If your map system can find the Montrose Hotel, that's opposite to the UCD gate.

You should be heading north on the M11 from Enniscorthy, and stay on the M11 (don't take the M50) when it splits at Shankhill (keep left at J17). Then UCD is about 4km south of Dublin centre. If you can see the RTE TV tower, you're almost there. UCD is the only "off-ramp" in the area, so you can't miss it if you remember that. Then left in to UCD, past the guard shack, then left again to loop around the south side of the campus to find parking nearer to your building.

Caution: parking is extremely hard to find at peak times, such as Monday mornings. Allow plenty of time to find parking and the building. If you're an hour early and you have no problems, you can grab a coffee and chill out for an hour. Don't worry about finding the perfect parking spot - if you find any spot, grab it and walk the rest! Have a copy of the map with you, so you can show people where that building is on the map if you need to ask directions. Don't expect any random person to know where the Agnes McGuire Social Work Building is, off the top of their heads - not everyone at UCD has heard of every building, and they keep changing names, so a map is essential.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

thanks so much!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Give yourself plenty of time. Good luck!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you're driving, it's very simple!
    http://g.co/maps/2raj4

Take M9 from Waterford all the way to the end, where it becomes the M7 (you don't need to exit, just drive all the way to the end and you'll merge onto the M7).

Take the M7 for a further 30km or so, until you come to the Red Cow Interchange (M7/M50 junction) - follow signs for M50 Southbound - it's a free-flow junction so once you're in the correct lane you don't need to turn anywhere, and it's well signposted.

About 11km later, take exit 13 (signposted Dundrum/Sandyford), and while exiting, keep in the right lane on approach to the roundabout, and turn right on the roundabout, signposted Sandyford. At the next roundabout, turn left.

Continue 1.5 km and you'll come to Goatstown crossroad (The Goat Pub will be on your left) - turn right, onto Mount Anville road. About a km later you'll come to another crossroad - go straight through it, onto Foster Avenue, then immediately take the next left - this will bring you into UCD.
    Continue all the way until you get to a T-Road with traffic lights, turn left, and you will head towards carparks - park somewhere there, and you will be right beside the building you want to go to!

Edit: Bnt got there before me :P If you're coming from the M50 though, it's easier to approach from Mount Anville / Foster Avenue like in the link I have above than from the N11, even though the N11 is the main (and most obvious) entrance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

M9 to Dublin
    M50 southbound
    Get off at Sandyford (exit 13)
    Go straight once you get off till you hit the N11
    Turn left on the N11
    Once you pass between the Radisson and a church, there will be a left filter up to an overpass, take that.

Alternatively, if you don't Aanna navigate m50 & sandyford, go New Ross, Enniscorthy, N11 from t ere. Will take at least half an hour longer though.

Thanks so much everyone for the directions, i really appreciate it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement