Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponers RIP?

Options
  • 19-02-2012 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I had some doubts over whether a forum was a good idea or not. I voted for it, mainly because more experienced boardies were quite definite about it becoming more streamlined/straightforward. How easy it would be for everybody. I wasn't long on boards and I respected their opinion.

But in retrospect, has it lost it's life? What keeps a thread going? Is it just the information or is it the banter.

When it was one thread, for me, it was one thread (amongst many other www places) that needed to be dipped into on a fairly regular basis.

Now, for me, there is too little, spread around and it does register enough on my Forums/my threads.

I'm interested in hearing what others think.

<......Submits new thread, runs and hides.......>
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

<........................tumbleweed blows through the forum..................>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I don't think so, The old thread used to go a couple of days if not more without anyone replying this new forum is pretty much the same only now its more organised and easier to find the coupons, There is not a huge selection out there for coupons but when a new one appears the thread comes very active give it time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from couponing

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Thanks for reply Bluesberry, I did wonder about the speed it went at before.

I only discovered it maybe a month before we went to forum format, and of course i had months of info to wade through, it would have seemed to me more lively than perhaps it was in real time.

But even if there wasn't much activity on the single original thread, surely it was easier for it to be in one place.

I think it might be that each coupon has its own thread.

I hate to miss anything, so when i click into 5 different threads just to read
    'thanks' or 'I'll try'. Not only am i not interested, i also don't feel much like posting.

I'm just trying to find out if anyone else feels the same. I'll take your advice Bluesberry and give it more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

There is definitely a bit less interaction between posters now, but I find it much easier to follow in the new format, and I don't need to check daily in order to be able to follow it. I much prefer the new forum, as I can just check weekly before my shop and find everything quickly by scrolling through the page, rather than reading lots of posts with coupons hidden inbetween.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Has anyone got a link to this mysterious coupon forum?

Now that it has a feedback thread, it might become popular - at least that's the way Michael O'Leary does it.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Steve wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to this mysterious coupon forum?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1530

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Callipo

Build it and they will come....

It will grow as couponing becomes more fashionable tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Cheers imfml.

Nothing to do with fashion Callipo, if it saves people money then it's pure win. Everyone knows it's getting harder for us all to make the wages last these days..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

As a completely personal opinion I must say that for me it has been the less friendly and "open" than before atmosphere that has kept me a bit from posting... Still, the wind can turn again.
    Ty for this thread, wanted to express this feeling but hadn't the confidence tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Callipo

As a completely personal opinion I must say that for me it has been the less friendly and "open" than before atmosphere that has kept me a bit from posting... Still, the wind can turn again.
    Ty for this thread, wanted to express this feeling but hadn't the confidence tbh.

Possibly the people involved there are a little bit less "boards.ie" but people like your self can make it something. :)

Advertisement