Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012/13 Kits Thread

• 19-02-2012 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭

It's a little early this year but with good reason -

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Parents-slam-Manchester-United-over-new-shirt-profiteering-article867144.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    Parents slam Man United over new shirt 'profiteering'

193313.png

Parent groups have accused Man United of “profiteering from children’s loyalty” after they unveiled their fifth home strip in just five years.

The new design by Nike, pictured above, will hit supporters hard in the pocket... and the design has been panned by fans too.

In a move away from the traditional plain red shirts, the new top has an unusual checked print with black lines and a black V neck. Man ­United fan Dave Roberts, 39, said: “The design is awful. It is like one of those gaudy, revolting shirts from the 1990s. I don’t know why they have changed the style away from the plain red shirts.

“It is nearly as bad as the infamous grey kit. The players won’t be able to see each other in these shirts. They should have kept it simple with the plain red design.

“They are ­obviously just changing it to make money and get the fans to buy it. But I actually don’t think the fans will be ­rushing out to the shops, it won’t go down as a Man United classic.”

It is understood the new kit will be unveiled at the end of May, earlier than the normal launch date because of the Euro 2012 tournament and the Olympics.

But the design has been leaked on to Man United fanzine Red Issue’s website, and is also featured on a YouTube clip which shows the shirt hanging up, along with a blue tartan-print shirt believed to be an away jersey.

Fans have left a string of negative comments about the new strip on the website, describing it as “horrible” and “abhorrent”. One said: “It looks like a school dinner-lady’s outfit.”

Man United claim to have ­333million supporters worldwide, with six times as many fans in India than in the UK and a huge army of followers in China and ­Indonesia. It is estimated the club sells up to 1.5million shirts a year.

And while the coffers at Old Trafford have been boosted by the shirts, pressure grows on families to buy the new kits.

Siobhan Freegard, co-founder of ­Netmums, told the Sunday Mirror: “While it’s normal for clubs to change their kit each year it creates huge problems for parents.

“Kids naturally want the newest kit to keep up in the playground, but it adds up to almost £100 per child to buy a new home and away top.

“This is an ­incredible amount of money for any ­family to find. But without it kids could feel second best as it creates ‘haves and have nots’ according to who can afford it.

“As it’s always the most loyal fans who buy the kit, clubs should look at reducing the cost of kids’ tops to the more affordable price of a tenner or less. Anything else is just ­profiteering from children’s loyalty.”

A Premier League charter has stated that replica shirts would be released every two seasons, but in recent years most clubs have ignored this in pursuit of ­profits.

There was further outrage this week when it emerged the England national strip was being scrapped after being worn in just eight games. While the FA insists money generated from the merchandise is ­re-invested in the game, parents are left counting the cost.

Man United refused to comment.

Really hope they're authentic :D

EDIT: May be needing a change of badges come May ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This is usually one of my favourite threads but it's off to a bad start.

Absolutely and utterly revolting piece of crap that is. It also wouldn't surprise me if it's true because I thought I saw Macheda or someone on Twitter say they saw the new jersey. However, he said it's nice and I don't think any Italian would buy that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's a little early this year but with good reason -

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Parents-slam-Manchester-United-over-new-shirt-profiteering-article867144.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Really hope they're authentic :D

EDIT: May be needing a change of badges come May ;)

My eyes :eek:

Christ, they are ****ing hideous, ****ing nike handing another ****e kit out to us. What the **** do they be at when designing our kits sometimes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Wish addidas made our jerseys.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    This is usually one of my favourite threads but it's off to a bad start.

Absolutely and utterly revolting piece of crap that is. It also wouldn't surprise me if it's true because I thought I saw Macheda or someone on Twitter say they saw the new jersey. However, he said it's nice and I don't think any Italian would buy that!

Knew I wasn't just seeing things.

420987_10151296240525307_737165306_22509957_31968499_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

They are both horrendous. None of this pattern sh*te.
    I don't like the Aon "sticker" at all, but at least against a plain red shirt looks clean. That jersey just looks a mess. Hope it's fake, and expect it to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did someone at nike pick up the tablecloth by mistake when he was sketching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wouldn't like Adidas either, don't like the stripes.

Nike can get it right...

118353096022895_1.jpg

Just keep the fecking thing simple. No black v's, white tails or checkered nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Do they double as convenient table cloths aswell. They certainly look the same. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Leaked Arsenal, Barca and Man Utd kits.

Leaked-Arsenal-Jersey-2013.jpg

United kit doesn't look quite so funny/hideous zoomed out and in low res. Still ugly as fcuk though.

In fact, all three jerseys are poor imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I liked it when teams used to change their kit every 2 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Quite like the other two actually, very smooth looking.

On the plus side, like this year i know i'll have a hundred extra euro or so handy for some point over the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The United on is apparently like that to mark Fergies 25 years at the club (tartan style)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kryogen wrote: »
    The United on is apparently like that to mark Fergies 25 years at the club (tartan style)

Is he going to wear a tartan kilt on the sideline all next season?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

love how the United kit is different in the 2 photos...

Is he going to wear a tartan kilt on the sideline all next season?:)

Apparently he has better taste than that!

You would think the statue etc would be enough, no need for the design of the kits, still waiting to hopefully be told thats not the kit, although from far away it doesnt look too bad :)

The Barca one look like the PSG kit to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Absolutely shocked, I had seen that United one a few months ago and was sure it was just a mock up/fake one, but seeing it on the mannikins with the Barca and Arsenal ones makes it looks fairly official.

I'll definitely be sticking with the two from this year, very classy shirts!

a3l7r9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Here's a more detailed look;

Have the players wear kilts instead of shorts :pac:

Seriously though, would it not have been a better idea to have a red jersey with a white St. Andrew's cross(Saltire) design on it in that case? Would have been much nicer

b30b973f614e435814354b439fc54531.image.320x320.jpg

Think this in red and white...no? Makes a lot more sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Love the 2012 Yokohama F-Marinos away kit.

yokohamaa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

^^

Apart from the fact that the design on the front looks like a c*ck & balls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Leaked Arsenal, Barca and Man Utd kits.

Leaked-Arsenal-Jersey-2013.jpg

United kit doesn't look quite so funny/hideous zoomed out and in low res. Still ugly as fcuk though.

I presume they got the Arsenal and United socks mixed up on the dummies?
    Is that a black arm band around the Arsenal sleeve? Quite fitting.
    Im not buying it. Im sick of it now. I used to love slagging united off for their new jersies. We're worse now.

Barca fans wont be happy, surely.
    Barca have to have stripes for gods sake.

I presume they got the Arsenal and United socks mixed up on the dummies?
    Is that a black arm band around the Arsenal sleeve? Quite fitting.
    Im not buying it. Im sick of it now. I used to love slagging united off for their new jersies. We're worse now.

Barca fans wont be happy, surely.
    Barca have to have stripes for gods sake.

No the socks are on the correct dummies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Jesus, is that black, or navy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

No the socks are on the correct dummies.

The Barca socks are definitely wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Those 3 jerseys look absolute muck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I cant wait to see the new Liverpool shirts, they'll either be amazing or absolute shít, i dont think there will be a middle ground.

As for the Fergie thing with the United shirt, didnt he join them in 1986? That is 26 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Melion wrote: »
    I cant wait to see the new Liverpool shirts, they'll either be amazing or absolute shít, i dont think there will be a middle ground.

As for the Fergie thing with the United shirt, didnt he join them in 1986? That is 26 years

Would that not add up to 25 full seasons though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Liam O wrote: »
    love how the United kit is different in the 2 photos...

The photos in the first post are fake, the tartan design isnt so dark. Still an awful looking kit though.

Manchester_United_12_13_nike_home_leaked_1.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm also sad because it appears our away jersey will be blue again. :(

The 2012/13 Kits tea towel Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

As far as I know Man Utd, Chelsea and Rangers change their home kits every season.

Is there any other clubs ripping off their fans changing there home kit every season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

mikeym wrote: »
    As far as I know Man Utd, Chelsea and Rangers change their home kits every season.

Is there any other clubs ripping off their fans changing there home kit every season?

Pretty much every team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I actually like the barca kit I dont know what it is.
    United one looks awful, some kind of 2d design ****.
    Arsenal one is ok, not great though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

That arsenal kit is one red stripe on tbh sleeves away from being a united knock off. Horrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Everton bring out 3 kits every season and have done for the last 10 years or so. Shocking. Doesnt bother me but anyone with kids must have their heads wrecked forking out for 3 new kits every season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Everton bring out 3 kits every season and have done for the last 10 years or so. Shocking. Doesnt bother me but anyone with kids must have their heads wrecked forking out for 3 new kits every season

More a fool the parents if they are buying them 3 kits every season.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

Here's the USA's new jersey
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/new-jersey.jpg

Looks good :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Chips Ahoy wrote: »

The state of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I lol'ed :D

Here is the actual USA new jersey

united-states-12-14-nike-away-football-shirt-leaked-update-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

Wow, that is actually a very nice USA jersey. I would go as far to say the best international jersey iv seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

I think the Barça one is growing on me, but it is a bit more like a PSG kit.

and yeah, socks can't be right.

should just bring back this beast of a jersey:
    2003-2004fcbarcelonahome_display_image.jpg?1321499068

Wow, that is actually a very nice USA jersey. I would go as far to say the best international jersey iv seen in a while.

I agree.

Nike are bringing out some amazing new International jerseys this year, way better then their club efforts anyway.

The new Holland away is outstanding!

netherlands-euro-2012-nike-away-football-shirt-leaked-a.jpg
    netherlands-euro-2012-nike-away-football-shirt-leaked-c.jpg
    netherlands-euro-2012-nike-away-football-shirt-leaked-b.jpg
    netherlands-euro-2012-nike-away-football-shirt-leaked-d.png

As for my team Villa, we signed a 4 year kit manufacturing deal with Macron so I'm expecting a cheap looking shiny little number that's a cross between the West Ham Untied & the Weymouth Town jersey.

Gutted! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

New MLS team Montreal Impact

2012_Montreal_Impact_Jersey.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Raekwon wrote: »
    As for my team Villa, we signed a 4 year kit manufacturing deal with Macron so I'm expecting a cheap looking shiny little number that's a cross between the West Ham Untied & the Weymouth Town jersey.

Gutted! :(

It's good that Macron can make them in bulk... Snap up Burnley too and they're away!

tolosenc wrote: »
    It's good that Macron can make them in bulk... Snap up Burnley too and they're away!

They'd need Scunthope to complete the quadruple, but it seems that they are content to stick with Nike when it should have be the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Meant to be the new Chelsea jersey for 2012-13.

Leaked-Chelsea-Kit-2012-2013.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I quite like our new away jersey despite the crappy logo.

ireland-12-13-umbro-away-football-shirt-b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Those new United jerseys look disgusting, i wont be buying them will stick to this seasons kit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement