Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012/13 Kits Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yellow box is rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Yellow box is rank.

Getting £10 million a year for it though. For that reason I think it's beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Yellow box is rank.
    Been saying that to my GF for the last 2 months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Panathinaikos 2012/13 Home Kit

Panathinaikos-Adidas-Jersey-2012-2013.jpg
    Panathinaikos-Kit-12-13.jpg
    Panathinaikos-Football-Shirt-12-13.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Raekwon wrote: »
    Panathinaikos 2012/13 Home Kit

Another nice kit ruined by a sponsor logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

After seeing what Adidas have done with the German away jersey and that Panathinaikos one, its disappointing Adidas do not make the Ireland kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ireland had a lovely kit just before they brought out the new home one. They should have kept the old one. It was one of the best we ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Ireland had a lovely kit just before they brought out the new home one. They should have kept the old one. It was one of the best we ever had.

Could not agree more. It was the nicest and classiest kit we've ever had, I think they wore it for 14 games, a disgrace that it was used for so little.

11880.jpg4358767579_ea3bf2fefa_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

New Valencia Home

This is a massive step down from what Nike & Kappa used to produced for them over the years

Yep, big disappointment that. They were one of the teams that seemed to always get it right. But now this new one is rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Could not agree more. It was the nicest and classiest kit we've ever had, I think they wore it for 14 games, a disgrace that it was used for so little.

Even less than that I think.

v Brazil in London was the first game with that kit iirc and we got the current one v Croatia. I checked the games list and that's a life span of 16 for that kit. However I can recall us switch to away gear for Macedonia (a) Italy (n) and even Scotland (h) and Wales (h)!

So that makes just 12 games in that kit and then gone! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Even less than that I think.

v Brazil in London was the first game with that kit iirc and we got the current one v Croatia. I checked the games list and that's a life span of 16 for that kit. However I can recall us switch to away gear for Macedonia (a) Italy (n) and even Scotland (h) and Wales (h)!

So that makes just 12 games in that kit and then gone! :eek:

It was a nice kit definitely, does anyone know if the player worse the same material on their jersies? Because having played 5 a side on it etc, it was horrendous to wear, sweating after 2 minutes wearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Corholio wrote: »
    It was a nice kit definitely, does anyone know if the player worse the same material on their jersies? Because having played 5 a side on it etc, it was horrendous to wear, sweating after 2 minutes wearing it.

I'm really glad you said that because that's exactly the reason I didn't buy it. It was a beautiful shirt but looked really heavy so I couldn't imagine doing any exercise in it. I wonder if the players had a different version.

I did buy the new training jersey a few weeks back and that looks pretty similar to the old jersey and is very nice. Only €40 and no sponsor too :D

ambid wrote: »
    I'm really glad you said that because that's exactly the reason I didn't buy it. It was a beautiful shirt but looked really heavy so I couldn't imagine doing any exercise in it. I wonder if the players had a different version.

I'm pretty sure they had the same version, you could always see huge sweat patches on the shirts before the game had even started!

Any idea if you can still get this online or anything? I'd be interested in it. I have the one that was out just before it. I like it but it's not the greatest.

Any idea if you can still get this online or anything? I'd be interested in it. I have the one that was out just before it. I like it but it's not the greatest.

You can indeed; clicky

You can indeed; clicky

Ah ****e. I was hoping it'd be about €40 less than that.

Great site though. If I'm lucky I'll find something for a decent price and in my size.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Yep, big disappointment that. They were one of the teams that seemed to always get it right. But now this new one is rank.

Very true. I know Joma are a Spanish brand but they make absolutely awful jerseys and this years Valencia is a prime example. I'm not a big fan of the lesser brands and I have everything crossed that Macron don't make a total balls out of the new Villa jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

New Valencia Home

Am I the only one who really likes this kit? Sponsor looks to be up a bit high though

I'm pretty sure they had the same version, you could always see huge sweat patches on the shirts before the game had even started!

I did one session of proper training in a football shirt like ye are describing (an old Brazil away) and I can guarantee I had less energy. It wasn't just uncomfortable, I had measurably less energy. It's very annoying to think that the national team could be being held back by crap like this.

What's the new Ireland jersey's material like does anybody know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

I find adidas jerseys draw the sweat out of me just sitting around and dont really shine to em on warm days. The current ireland jersey I find lovey to wear whatever about the look of it..

Havent worn a nike shirt in years!

Would like to see an adidas ireland kit though as pointed out before..

I find adidas jerseys draw the sweat out of me just sitting around and dont really shine to em on warm days. The current ireland jersey I find lovey to wear whatever about the look of it..

Havent worn a nike shirt in years!

Would like to see an adidas ireland kit though as pointed out before..

Well that's good to know anyway.

I see Norway got the same template as the Irish away :p

Umbro-Norway-Jersey-2013.jpg
    Norge-Umbro-2013.jpg

I see Norway got the same template as the Irish away :p

3yCsx.jpg

FYP

Has anyone asked for sponsor logo not be on their Jersey in the FAI shop in Westmoreland Street lately?

Got the previous Jersey without it. Just wondering do they still do it.

Just on the Ireland away Jersey. Was not mad about it when saw it first, but when looked at it close in shop I thought it was quite nice actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Am I the only one who really likes this kit? Sponsor looks to be up a bit high though

I actually dont think its too bad either. I certainly prefer the Kappa made Valencia kits, but its not the worst I've seen released so far this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Barce home and away

maillot-fc-barcelone-2012-2013.jpg

^^ I'm delighted they got rubbish shirts this year!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Those Barca shirts are truly appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

^^ I'm delighted they got rubbish shirts this year!

:D
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Those Barca shirts are truly appalling.

No wonder Pep left :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

So bad that one of the mannequins has jumped off one of the upper floors at the shame of wearing it.

• Advertisement

Uniteds are bad but that orange/yellow top Barca have is worst yet and thats saying something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Some more pics of the Barce kits

AtfhFsjCAAAOcnL.jpg:large

Atfg3EHCIAARIa2.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I kinda like the barca home but that away jersey is ridiculous. Wouldn't say they will be selling too many of the away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't think the home one is too bad?

The away one is absolutely ghastly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

The home one does look better when you see the colours are faded into each other as dots, rather than just a gradual fade

Better, but still terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Its no worse than alot of the jerseys nike are putting out this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think the orange/yellow one looks pretty decent. The home one I dont like at all, but the Away I think is good :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

away.JPG

Hopefully real.

:eek: Gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The pictures on the website and store show a yellow trim at the sleeves, which looks nicer I think

http://shop.fcbarcelona.com/stores/barcelona/default.aspx?lid=1&portal=I6OSJQOC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

colly_06 wrote: »

Hopefully real.

That's a beautiful jersey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The pictures on the website and store show a yellow trim at the sleeves, which looks nicer I think

http://shop.fcbarcelona.com/stores/barcelona/default.aspx?lid=1&portal=I6OSJQOC

They are probably the same style turn up sleeves that were on the Man Utd home this season and the new celtic away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Those Barcelona jersies are atrocious. They look like something players would wear in a Sega Megadrive game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

City jersey is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Barca away is pretty much the default orange / yellow gradient in photoshop.

Shocking stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

The barca home jersey is nice, my youngfella will love wearing that, when are they on sale im off to barca in 2 weeks and wanna pick the kit up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

May have already been mentioned, but Ireland's training jersey is much nicer than their actual jersey, IMO

l_Training_Jersey.jpg

It's €20 cheaper and doesn't have the 3 logo on it

^^^^^ I posted it over a month ago.

See here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Shlippery wrote: »
    Barca away is pretty much the default orange / yellow gradient in photoshop.

Shocking stuff!

Is it a nod to the Dutch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

colly_06 wrote: »
    away.JPG

Hopefully real.

Hmmmm I hate maroon as a colour but it's a proper early 90s throwback

• Advertisement

Bolton signed a deal with Adidas yet the stadium will still be called 'the Reebok'

Advertisement