Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012/13 Kits Thread

Comments

colly_06 wrote: »
    http://www.mancity.fr/img/away.JPG
    Hopefully real.

:eek: Gorgeous

Not a City fan but that shirt is beautiful. Umbro making the best kits around imo

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

Bolton signed a deal with Adidas yet the stadium will still be called 'the Reebok'

Adidas own Reebok, so now Bolton will be promoting two of their brands instead of one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Not a City fan but that shirt is beautiful. Umbro making the best kits around imo

Yeah apart from the Ireland jerseys. The umbro designers are having a laugh with them.

Still can't get over the barca away jersey.it's truly hideous!

The home one is ok but nothing to get excited about..wonder if the black one from last year will be their third jersey for this season? :rolleyes:

not mad on the new home city jersey though, the black collar and the filled in v part of the neck and I havent seen a good enough picture but the crest looks a bit off as well with black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah apart from the Ireland jerseys. The umbro designers are having a laugh with them.

Nope its the FAI and their insistence on whacking a big dirty Three logo onto the shirt that are having the laugh.

Re the City shirt; really like that. Maroon kits with gold are the business. Always loved our last shirt @ Highbury

henryjuventus.jpg

• Advertisement

Adidas own Reebok, so now Bolton will be promoting two of their brands instead of one.

Your right id actually forgotten about that. Similarly City are with nike from next season who in turn own Umbro. i would actually love if nike could allow umbro make arsenal a nice retro effort for the year though i doubt it would happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I have to say that I'm really envious of City's kits - they are all class. I say that as a follower of Leeds with our Macron gear :o .

That new City away jersey reminds me of a jersey they had around 1989, when brother was the sponsor and Niall Quinn was playing up front. I seem to remember them wearing it at Spurs on the opening day of a season in the late eighties / early nineties in a 3-1 defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I seem to remember them wearing it at Spurs on the opening day of a season in the late eighties / early nineties in a 3-1 defeat.

Think that may have been Gazza's home League debut for Spurs, scored two I think, defo one cracking free kick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I have to say that I'm really envious of City's kits - they are all class. I say that as a follower of Leeds with our Macron gear :o

I feel your pain. Villa have signed a 4 year deal with Macron and I'm dreading to see what the kits look like. All of the Macron training gear looks rubbish too. Massive step down from Nike and that's saying some thing after seeing what Nike have produced this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

kfallon wrote: »
    Think that may have been Gazza's home League debut for Spurs, scored two I think, defo one cracking free kick!

Just googled it - it was 1990/91.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Raekwon wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Villa have signed a 4 year deal with Macron and I'm dreading to see what the kits look like. All of the Macron training gear looks rubbish too. Massive step down from Nike and that's saying some thing after seeing what Nike have produced this year.

You're probably safe in assuming it'll look like the West Ham kit!

Macron is crap. Horrible materials, ridiculous sizes, crap designs.

Just googled it - it was 1990/91.

City wore that maroon shirt twice against Spurs that season as the fog was so bad at Maine Road one Saturday in Nov/Dec they had to revert to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

maximoose wrote: »
    You're probably safe in assuming it'll look like the West Ham kit!

Macron is crap. Horrible materials, ridiculous sizes, crap designs.

god macron teamwear looks horrendous.

Hummel is my fave kit supplier and they did lovely Villa jerseys a few years ago.

City have done well out of umbro last few years, lets hope it continues when nike takes over...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Ordered Holland Away and Germany Home from soccertriads, will post pics when i get them, hopefully before start of the Euros. (I live in the North)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just picked up the Ireland training jersey for 36 in JD.

Good price considering its 45 on FAI website and Lifestyle.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Just picked up the Ireland training jersey for 36 in JD.

Good price considering its 45 on FAI website and Lifestyle.

Which one MDwexford? The green retro looking one? or the green or White ones with the 3 sponsor? Might pick one up this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah the green retro one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

New Everton away. Ilike it AuKjybPCIAA75G1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

efc-103539.jpg?width=400&height=400&quality=95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Those Madrid and Everton kits are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

New Celtic away is CLASS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

It'll look good in the Dutch League. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

maillot-psg-2012-2013.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

What look like being the Inter home and away jerseys for next season.

Home is nice enough but I would prefer a blue stripe on the sleeves.
    inter-domicile-2012-2013.jpg

The away is pretty much official as Moratti was pictured giving it to the head of a China Railway Construction Corporation. I don't like it at all, I don't like that it is red and I think the blue and black on the arms looks awful.
    inter-milan-away.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Just a better view of the PSG jersey.

New-PSG-Jersey-2012-2013.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Watching the Holland/NI game and im really liking the Dutch jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Pilfered from the LFC thread

375938_392004980835515_105514106151272_948271_76875123_n.jpg

Not sure about the catchphrase though. We did enough 'not playing' last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I didn't really notice the grey parts on the Liverpool kit from the above pic. Looks terrible IMO.

http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/LFC-Adult-Away-S-S-Shirt-12-13/pid-36162

WSTM204_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Black, Grey, Orange and Red stripe around the sleeve. It's rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I didn't really notice the grey parts on the Liverpool kit from the above pic. Looks terrible IMO.

WSTM204_z.jpg
    cleveland-nasty.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I like it paired with the shorts in the picture; on its own it's not great though

The away goalkeeper jersey is hideous though. Looks like a tank top

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

So I take it I'm the only one who likes the Liverpool kit? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Dont think Liverpool jersey is that bad. Seen worse. much worse.

wont be buying it or anything like:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Seen the new Liverpool kit on saturday (the home one). It's not bad, actually. If that picture below (of the away one) is genuine though; jesus, that's awful. Still not as bad as United's new one, which I also saw at the weekend. Bloody gingham! Looks like it should be spread out on your mum's dinner table!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

The home kit is lovely, nicest in a while. The away is grand I suppose, would've been much nicer if they just had the grey under the arms instead of that bizzare part around the neck.

Wait till the highly rumoured 3rd kit comes out:D I doubt they'll be parading it around on the website anyways..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Daemos wrote: »
    May have already been mentioned, but Ireland's training jersey is much nicer than their actual jersey, IMO

l_Training_Jersey.jpg

It's €20 cheaper and doesn't have the 3 logo on it
    Always wondered why you could never buy a replica Ireland shirt without the sponsor's logo on it. The team don't wear it. In England the only England gear you can buy with the Vauxhall logo on is the replica training gear. To be honest the Ireland shirts look awful with the '3' logo on them (they don't look that much better without them either, to be honest!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

NUTZZ wrote: »
    These are only just mock ups, but I would have loved if they were the new kit;

1yht78ffjjh.jpg

1yt78ffjcopy.jpg

There Gourgeous , the first design I like a lot.

I can't Belive Nike are getting away with that muck that is our official new kit. The away jersy that leaked is the exact same colouring as last years hooped black & blue kit, what a money racket.

I bought the home & away last year as I liked both a lot but this season is just a joke, absolutely terrible.

I think il go with the training jersy. despite that awful yellow DHL sign on it, the shirts are nicer by a long shot ! .

Btw I taught there was some sort of law brought in that a team has to keep 1 of their kits for 2 seasons ?

Celta Vigo 2012/13 Li-Ning Home Jersey

7332356052_a5407634a7_b.jpg

It has the names of 10,000 Celta fans printed on the shirt.

Close up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

^^ I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

WSTM204_z.jpg

Looks like a wet suit or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Nice touch with the Celta Viga jersey, looks very well too.

So I take it I'm the only one who likes the Liverpool kit? :(

It's a glorified T shirt! It doesn't even sit well on a hanger and looks cheap IMO. I also saw it on a couple of people and it clings something terrible too. I wouldn't fork out the €60+ quid for it. No way!

Nicest jersey I've seen in this thread so far is the Celtic away with the tricolor :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Looks like a wet suit or something

Perfect to dive in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Love how the Celta Vigo jersey has the names of all the members. Quality stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Perfect to dive in

article-2085071-0F5CB8A900000578-657_468x452.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No surprises there, adidas are the nuts for kits. Both in terms of quality and appearance. Kappa do good ones too.

Nike to sell Umbro

I can see why Man City moved to Nike from Umbro now. Will that mean that the likes of Ireland & England could be following them and getting Nike gear instead of Umbro?

I really like Umbro so hopefully Adidas or Puma buy them and keep the brand alive. Their "Taylored by" stuff is class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Raekwon wrote: »
    Nike to sell Umbro

I can see why Man City moved to Nike from Umbro now. Will that mean that the likes of Ireland & England could be following them and getting Nike gear instead of Umbro?

I really like Umbro so hopefully Adidas or Puma buy them and keep the brand alive. Their "Taylored by" stuff is class!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/9309142/Sports-Directs-Mike-Ashley-set-to-bid-for-England-football-kit-maker-Umbro.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement