Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012/13 Kits Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Met a chap today wearing the new Liverpool Home Kit and its not bad.. material is a bit cloth like but its a lovely jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Partick Thistle Away

f24fcae7be597fe45921f9efddd97636.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

killwill wrote: »
    I actually like that Liverpool jersey except for the tribal designs on the arms. That is so like 8yrs ago!!!

They are not "Tribal" designs, there are so many clueless LFC fans in their own thread calling them that too.

It's the design off the Shankly Gates ffs.

"Tribal" me hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Des wrote: »
    They are not "Tribal" designs, there are so many clueless LFC fans in their own thread calling them that too.

"Tribal" me hole.

Who cares what it is, still looks sh*te.

And I dont think it even is the gates TBH. Looks nothing like them

Shankly_Gates.jpg

And looks identical to the typical Warrior tribal crap they have on other products like this: http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/Adult-Red-Travel-Jacket/pid-36549

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

The latest Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool jerseys are awful, Utd's in particular is one of the worst I've seen. No wonder retro jerseys are so popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I like that Partick Thistle jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Met a chap today wearing the new Liverpool Home Kit and its not bad.. material is a bit cloth like but its a lovely jersey

Agreed, it's not bad. It's f**king awful! It looks like it will wrinkle after about four washes and the cut of it is very, square. a poor jersey and warrior sports, have dropped the ball on it.

When you look at how good the Under Armour jerseys are (and like Warrior they too are novices in the soccer game) it shows how badly wrong Warrior have got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Raekwon wrote: »
    The Macron home is suppose to be horrible in the flesh. Lots of the lads on VT got it and say the sizes are all over the place and the fit is really loose and baggy even in the smaller sizes.

Macron is a shít company but I was really hoping that they would at least made the Villa shirts as nice as the West Ham efforts and tone down on their over use of there crap logos but they did neither.

Our away is very similar to the Sheffield Utd away kit and the goalie kit is just a team wear kit with a Villa badge on it. Plus our shorts are the same as the Leeds shorts. Flag ship team my hole!

Piss poor effort from a piss poor company, it was to be expected though.
    Anyone know when/where it will be available over here? If there are any doubts over the fit etc. I want to try it on first before deciding whether to buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Des wrote: »

"Tribal" me hole.
    Des you are way off the mark here.

If it was based on the Shankley gates, there wouldn't be a problem.

Lads on RAWK have more detailed pics up.

Its 100% tribal designs like this:

Meaning+Tattoo+Tribal+design.jpg

EDIT: Heres the pic:
    7438751912_ee891bab97.jpg

The Macron home is suppose to be horrible in the flesh. Lots of the lads on VT got it and say the sizes are all over the place and the fit is really loose and baggy even in the smaller sizes.

You are right about the sizes anyway. Leeds have had Macron kits for a few years now and the sizes are ridiculous, I think they are looking a bit much into Britains obesity problem :pac:

In the adult sizes a Small is like a Large when compared to Nike/Adidas/etc sizes. I've been getting XL youth size kits since we switched to them(does save me about a tenner though!)

• Advertisement

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Anyone know when/where it will be available over here? If there are any doubts over the fit etc. I want to try it on first before deciding whether to buy it.

It's available in the Macron Store out in Santry.
    maximoose wrote: »
    You are right about the sizes anyway. Leeds have had Macron kits for a few years now and the sizes are ridiculous, I think they are looking a bit much into Britains obesity problem :pac:

In the adult sizes a Small is like a Large when compared to Nike/Adidas/etc sizes. I've been getting XL youth size kits since we switched to them(does save me about a tenner though!)

Yeah I've heard alot of people who usually wear a Nike/Adidas/etc medium have to drop down to a youth XL with Macron, cheers for the confirmation. That's not a bad thing though, because like you say it's alot cheaper plus from a Villa perspective the youth jerseys don't have a sponsor on the shirt.

Sizing aside, is the quality of the material as bad as I've been hearing?

Sizing aside, is the quality of the material as bad as I've been hearing?

Our first few were ok, last seasons kits were horrendous material though. Awful feel to it and really shiny and cheap looking. Same for the other Macron kits I'd seen in the flesh like Millwall and Sheff Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

It's available in the Macron Store out in Santry.

Cheers, they are only open 9-5 Mon-Fri and do not have Kids sizes in yet. €55 for the adult size.

maximoose wrote: »
    Our first few were ok, last seasons kits were horrendous material though. Awful feel to it and really shiny and cheap looking. Same for the other Macron kits I'd seen in the flesh like Millwall and Sheff Utd.

I had a feeling that you were going to say that. I personally think Macron is a poorly made yet over priced brand and for that reason I can't see myself buying any of their products. Btw did you notice that Villa and Leeds have nearly identical kit templates (apart from Villa having a collar)?
    Cheers, they are only open 9-5 Mon-Fri and do not have Kids sizes in yet. €55 for the adult size.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get Macron stuff anywhere other then their official stores, club shops or online. Apparently you couldn't get West Ham's kit anywhere in London other then the official Hammer store.

Ajax

7454563670_5789ccc355_b.jpg

7454565308_ce8eafa8b8_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Love that Ajax jersey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

New Watford kit, made by Puma this year. The sponsor looks/sounds ridiculous...

0,,10400%7E10998838,00.jpg

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10400~2825317,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Barnsley is good. Simple and stylish, and the text only sponsor helps.

Barnsley-2012-Shirt.jpg

Forest Away. Sponsor is too big. Don't like the colour. If the home kit is the same design it will be nice.

New-Nottingham-Forest-Shirt-2013.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the macron store in dublin has it i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

SC Freiburg

Very simple design. I like them.

61154616-w-600.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

The kits for the 3 Premier new boys have been released...

Reading: A return to a fully hooped home jersey.

0,,10306%7E11004535,00.jpg

886l-1.jpg

Southampton: They have turned their home kit into 2 seperate kits...

southampton-12-13-umbro-home-away-football-shirt%281%29.

West Ham: Classic Hammers

West-Ham-Home-Kit-2012-13.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Really like those Southampton jerseys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hamburg away.

ihjq2rxx.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Southend new home jersey

0,,10444%7E11009295,00.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Derby away kit

dcfc-away-kit-2012-2013.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

dunno if this has been posted but heres' the st pauli 12/13 jersey unveiling

http://vimeo.com/44464153

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dunno if this has been posted but heres' the st pauli 12/13 jersey unveiling

http://vimeo.com/44464153

Certainly a different way of unveiling a shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Southend new home jersey
    As modelled by a hobbit :confused:

AC Milan Away

7489287772_967dc617d9_b.jpg

AC Milan Third

7489290458_037fced9c1_b.jpg

Atletico Madrid Home & Away

Atletico-Madrid-12-13-nike-home-away-football-shirt-cAtletico-Madrid-12-13-nike-home-away-football-shirt-d
    Atletico-Madrid-12-13-nike-home-football-shirt-bAtletico-Madrid-12-13-nike-home-football-shirt-a(1).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

All 3 Milan Jerseys are glorious. Great Job Adidas

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Not too pushed on the new Southampton FC shirt, it looks very similiar to a Notts Forrest shirt from the 90's. They they should have stuck with the usual red and white stripes. The shirt they wore in League 1 a few years ago was for the 125th anniversary but i would rather see them back in the stripes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I had a feeling that you were going to say that. I personally think Macron is a poorly made yet over priced brand and for that reason I can't see myself buying any of their products. Btw did you notice that Villa and Leeds have nearly identical kit templates (apart from Villa having a collar)?

I'm not sure if it's possible to get Macron stuff anywhere other then their official stores, club shops or online. Apparently you couldn't get West Ham's kit anywhere in London other then the official Hammer store.

Seen the Villa Macron shirt in Elverys Dundrum yesterday... not bad looking. Material seemed to be the standard quality...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hibs new home jersey.

Would get it only for Sponsor:(

mcpake_04.jpg

Seen the Villa Macron shirt in Elverys Dundrum yesterday... not bad looking. Material seemed to be the standard quality...

I'll be in town tomorrow so I'll check it out Elvery's and try one on.

I have to say I like what they did with the West Ham kits this season, they look nicer and seem to be better fitting the the Villa ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Would any of the major sports shops in Dublin stock the new Southampton shirt? Usually i got mine online but it takes up to 30 for delivery and i was hoping to get it for birthday present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

martyeds wrote: »
    Would any of the major sports shops in Dublin stock the new Southampton shirt? Usually i got mine online but it takes up to 30 for delivery and i was hoping to get it for birthday present.

Nope. They're not a big enough club for shops to stock the jerseys. I'm in the same predicament year in year out with Norwich but I normally get mine within 3 working days from the club shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The Milan 3rd jersey is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

doubt it, but it shouldn't take anywhere near 30 days to post to Ireland from the UK. that would be the worst case scenario to cover their backs I'd say. bought some stuff from the Everton online store over the past few seasons and it has been a few days at most. For the past few years you could only get their gear on their online store... pain in the @ss...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Aw_nKxeCIAAd8Hw.jpg:large
    Aw_na2FCMAAbEFG.jpg:large
    Aw_nSd2CAAAtiXg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

^^^

Filthy imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

I prefer that one to the black one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

The black backgound does it feck all justice tbh, makes it seem more purple then it is. In the earlier leeks its less, and more of a navy!

Still better then the table cloth :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I know the home kit has been up here, don't think the away one has. Regardless, heres both of Dortmunds..

iXbFg.png

T1qwa.png

They look weird there, but I think the away one is lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Not too pushed on the new Southampton FC shirt, it looks very similiar to a Notts Forrest shirt from the 90's. They they should have stuck with the usual red and white stripes. The shirt they wore in League 1 a few years ago was for the 125th anniversary but i would rather see them back in the stripes.
    Sorry but i have to pull you on this. Name of our club is 'Nottingham Forest', which is abbreviated to 'Nottm Forest'. There is not now, nor has there even been, a 'Notts' in our title. Unless you are confusing us with Notts County across the river. Forest is spelt with one 'r'. We're a football club, named after that thing with trees in it - not a Hollywood flick with Tom Hanks. It's a simple word to spell. It's even on our crest if you need to reference it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

grenache wrote: »
    Sorry but i have to pull you on this. Name of our club is 'Nottingham Forest', which is abbreviated to 'Nottm Forest'. There is not now, nor has there even been, a 'Notts' in our title. Unless you are confusing us with Notts County across the river. Forest is spelt with one 'r'. We're a football club, named after that thing with trees in it - not a Hollywood flick with Tom Hanks. It's a simple word to spell. It's even on our crest if you need to reference it.

All this we and us business from a "Limerician in Cork".

Or is it a Cork in the ass of a Limerician?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    All this we and us business from a "Limerician in Cork".

Or is it a Cork in the ass of a Limerician?
    Yes, we.
    You have quite a way with words. Say, did you attend grammar school? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Milan win.

Yes, we.
    You have quite a way with words. Say, did you attend grammar school? :)

No but you might wanna attend A&E to get the stick removed from your arse!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    No but you might wanna attend A&E to get the stick removed from your arse!

Ignorance is bliss!

Ignorance is bliss!

I wouldn't know but i'll take your word for it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement