Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012/13 Kits Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I wouldn't know but i'll take your word for it!

If somebody continually kept calling you by the wrong name, it is certain that you would take issue with it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

grenache wrote: »
    If somebody continually kept calling you by the wrong name, it is certain that you would take issue with it ;)

Nobody called you by the wrong name.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Nobody called you by the wrong name.

They called my club by the wrong name. And it's a common thing on here. It's not that hard to get the name right. Clough never approved of us being labelled "Notts". Rightly so. That's reserved for County.

They called my club by the wrong name. And it's a common thing on here. It's not that hard to get the name right. Clough never approved of us being labelled "Notts". Rightly so. That's reserved for County.

It's Brian Clough & Notts County, please get it right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Come on lads, yisser tying yourselves up in Notts...

Raekwon wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's possible to get Macron stuff anywhere other then their official stores, club shops or online. Apparently you couldn't get West Ham's kit anywhere in London other then the official Hammer store.

This is correct. Last summer i tried to get the Napoli jersey in many shops in Naples and the surrounding Campania region. I was told i could only buy it from certain "Macron approved retailers" and in the SSC Napoli club shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Still better then the table cloth :pac::pac:
    Look how far you can p1ss, atta boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

This is beautiful
    a2b74xjc.jpg
    tumblr_m6ncatPNmw1qk20bco1_500.jpg

Jersey ain't bad either .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

The translations according to google;
    We throw ourselves into ever masterful dish, love Bavaria.

for Schalke applies as always: just look do not touch.

• Advertisement

New City shirt out tomorrow for preorder -

AxCNV94CAAAP3KQ.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

This is beautiful
    a2b74xjc.jpg

Weidenfeller's missus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Xavi6 wrote: »

AxCNV94CAAAP3KQ.jpg

Who is the lad on the right??? :-) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Them Gallaghers are even more annoying these days than they were back when they were famous for being musicians rather than washed up old football fans.

Turning up at press conferences and leaked jersey launches.

Embarrassing, cheap and tacky tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Des wrote: »
    Them Gallaghers are even more annoying these days than they were back when they were famous for being musicians rather than washed up old football fans.

It was at the Rock Werchter Festival in Belgium.

Noel played at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

This is pretty cool.

blog-super-vitoria1.jpg
    Rather than the standard pitchside advertising hoarding or square-inch advert in the match programme, Brazilian Serie B side Vitoria have conjured up an ingenious way of promoting the club’s blood donation campaign.
    Nicknamed the ‘Red and Blacks’, there’s no prizes for guessing what colours Vitoria usually play in. However, ahead of the new season, the club have ‘drained’ the red hoops from their home strip in a bid to raise awareness and get their fans to donate blood for transfusions and the like.
    The red hoops on the home shirt will then be replaced one-by-one as the level of blood donated rises, until the shirt is eventually restored to it’s former glory when the target is met. As we said, ingenious…
    Link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

AxCNV94CAAAP3KQ.jpg

That's embarrassing. Having that old has-been flog jerseys. Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

AxCNV94CAAAP3KQ.jpg

Hold on a second kompany is 6ft 4. What is Gallagher standing on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is pretty cool.

blog-super-vitoria1.jpg
    Link.

I actually prefer it in white :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Vitoria's blood donation promotion is brilliant!

Away.jpg

Home%20and%20Away.jpg

Especially for you Des! :pac:

• Advertisement

What's the problem with Noel modelling the jerseys?

Sure if he didn't, how would we know they came in kids' sizes?

How about RVP & Piers Morgan then? :pac:

NDgwfu

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

This is beautiful
    a2b74xjc.jpg

Does she come with the jersey?

qsp6pv.jpg

Both of Citys jerseys are lovely IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hold on a second kompany is 6ft 4. What is Gallagher standing on?

The shoulders of giants I'd imagine? :pac:

Really like that shade of blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

That's embarrassing. Having that old has-been flog jerseys. Jesus.

Kompany has a few years left in him IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

yPXLS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

yPXLS.jpg
    Lovely jersey. I see they used actual player heights too.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

dummy_1.jpg

AxCNV94CAAAP3KQ.jpg

hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'll be in town tomorrow so I'll check it out Elvery's and try one on.

I have to say I like what they did with the West Ham kits this season, they look nicer and seem to be better fitting the the Villa ones.

I went in and tried it on earlier.

I wasn't happy with the fit myself, i'd be fairly slim and would normally wear between a small and a medium. Tried on the small and it was quite long and really baggy on the arms, material was grand though.

Looks like i'm going to have to get a kids size, fookin embarassing.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Saw the other Liverpool jersey in a store today, the grey one.

Absolutely horrendous. Worst one i've seen so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Easy Rod wrote: »

I wasn't happy with the fit myself, i'd be fairly slim and would normally wear between a small and a medium. Tried on the small and it was quite long and really baggy on the arms, material was grand though.

I didn't make it to Elvery's today but I'm 5'11 and slim so I guess I'd be a kids size too.

Btw have you seen the training gear? It's like something a leisure centre staff would wear. Utter dirt!

Macron are like an Italian version of O'Neills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Was in Champion Sports and Lifestyle Sports today and I can't get over just how terrible both the Manchester United and Liverpool gear looked. I also saw two grown men wearing the dishcloth today and it's horrible. If it doesn't fit ya properly then it's a disaster.

5 minutes til the City jerseys go on sale, getting both of them. Not bad efforts for Umbro's last ones with us, they've done a good job overall.

EDIT: Just saw this -

AxE02rgCEAATq1R.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I didn't make it to Elvery's today but I'm 5'11 and slim so I guess I'd be a kids size too.

Btw have you seen the training gear? It's like something a leisure centre staff would wear. Utter dirt!

Was in Elvery's today and had a look. Couldn't think what the material reminded me of, but it was O'Neills...possibly a bit heavier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Easy Rod wrote: »

Another 5'11 lad coming in here :D

I always find the medium too baggy and the small a nice fit but the sleeves being a bit short. Usually alter between the two when it comes to any tops not just Jersys.

Do say a kids size large actually fit a 5'11 lad ?

On the new united jersy, taught I'd like it in person but I have to say it is disgusting, didn't even try it on, feels cheap to even touch. Went ahead and bought the training shirt with the big yellow DHL logo, pretty nice design.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

martyeds wrote: »
    Not too pushed on the new Southampton FC shirt, it looks very similiar to a Notts Forrest shirt from the 90's. They they should have stuck with the usual red and white stripes. The shirt they wore in League 1 a few years ago was for the 125th anniversary but i would rather see them back in the stripes.
    Sorry but i have to pull you on this. Name of our club is 'Nottingham Forest', which is abbreviated to 'Nottm Forest'. There is not now, nor has there even been, a 'Notts' in our title. Unless you are confusing us with Notts County across the river. Forest is spelt with one 'r'. We're a football club, named after that thing with trees in it - not a Hollywood flick with Tom Hanks. It's a simple word to spell. It's even on our crest if you need to reference it.

Jeez. What height is that horse that you sit on. People often refer to Southampton as Soton and Manchester United as Man Utd. Never seen any of those supporters going on such a rant.

I'm 6 foot with shoes on ;)

I have a few Villa Nike jersey's and the medium always fits me, ditto the Umbro & Adidas stuff that I've had, but Macron seem to have made the Villa tops so loose and long that apparently only very tall weight lifters can fit into them.

I agree the Utd, Liverpool & even Arsenal jerseys have been rank this year but Macron have to take the biscuit. They plaster their ugly logo everywhere and have horrible colour schemes (lime f**k green, what where they thinking?)

I think Adidas have stolen the show this season. There Milan jerseys have been ridiculously good. Even this Marseille Away is very classy IMO.

New-Marseille-Away-Shirt-2012.jpg
    Marseille-New-Away-Jersey-2012.jpg
    OM-Exterieur-Maillot-2013.jpg

5 minutes til the City jerseys go on sale, getting both of them. Not bad efforts for Umbro's last ones with us, they've done a good job overall.

EDIT: Just saw this -

AxE02rgCEAATq1R.jpg

Wow. 3 amazing jerseys. Had to pull out all the stops I suppose, aren't ye going to Nike next year? They'll be horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

They plaster their ugly logo everywhere and have horrible colour schemes (lime f**k green, what where they thinking?

the players and club requested that colour for the away kit because they thought itd be nice to have something completely off the wall and different for a change. your beef is with the villa on that one, not macron

Wow. 3 amazing jerseys. Had to pull out all the stops I suppose, aren't ye going to Nike next year? They'll be horrible.

We are, and Umbro have done a good job so will be a hard act to follow.

However, I'm not sure how real that black jersey is.

Helix wrote: »
    the players and club requested that colour for the away kit because they thought itd be nice to have something completely off the wall and different for a change. your beef is with the villa on that one, not macron

My beef is entirely with Wacron (see what I did there? ;))

Sure Shay Given will be rocking this rather fetching luminous orange number between the sticks at away games next season too.

At least those away kits will be popular with the Birmingham rave scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

They are not "Tribal" designs, there are so many clueless LFC fans in their own thread calling them that too.

It's the design off the Shankly Gates ffs.

"Tribal" me hole.

Source for that? Warrior say its a tribal design, they used those exact words. Thought the same myself re: the gates but don't see it now that I've seen the shirt in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I like that new Pool jersey. There has to be some element of fashion to it, it can't always just be the "classic" look of a single colour with a prominent maker logo, sponsor and crest. I would be more likely to wear that one out than the plain red one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

That Marseille top is a beaut. They always have awesome kits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

New Oldham Athletic home and away.
    24537a.jpg

25506a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

35k0if5.jpg

Athletic Bilbao Home

30m7g2d.jpg

Athletic Bilbao Away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Don't get why people are in such a fuss over how good a jersey looks, if you want to buy a top to look good in then a soccer jersey would be one of the last things to buy.

PDAg3.jpg

Hytgw.jpg

4hjEe.jpg

VDHi4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

THFC wrote: »
    Don't get why people are in such a fuss over how good a jersey looks, if you want to buy a top to look good in then a soccer jersey would be one of the last things to buy.

We want to buy a football jersey that looks good too? Is that so strange?

• Advertisement
Advertisement