Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012/13 Kits Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Don't mind Des, he's just a frustrated United fan who'll have a pop at City at any opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Brad Friedel looks like he's gonna ****ing murder someone in those pics. And is Cudicini doing "come at me bro" ?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Scott Parker orgasm face -

AxmzQ5tCIAEuutQ.jpg

G'luck to Brad Friedle who starts out his new career as a Pro Wrestler :eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmbSIL_Ln4EsfTywW4ZW4Qe75lOdv4f4BXEYAO4phtdDdkeScmmw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Raekwon wrote: »
    Arsenal Away

nike-arsenal-2013-away-jersey-full3.jpg

nike-arsenal-2013-away-jersey-Chamberlain4.jpg

Understandable why Van Persie wants out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Nike really know how to make a balls of kits.

fleetwood_town_away.jpg
    New Fleetwood town away kit on the generic nike league two template

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Juve kit.

juventus-12-13-nike-home-football-shirt-a(1).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Understandable why Van Persie wants out.

That is one beautiful kit. I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Juve kit.

juventus-12-13-nike-home-football-shirt-a(1).

This just proves that even with Big Sponsor splashed in middle, once its not different colour to Jersey(club colours) it can work.

Lovely Jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

What does the juve shirt say on the collar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

arsenal-12-13-nike-away-football-shirt-h

You know it's bad when that looks so much better than the away :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Gamba Osaka special edition jersey :o

616820292.jpg?key=8001132&Expires=1342214919&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=2N0u%7EwzlUkkKXPGDjVe-io5ZZFw8iMCJ%7EXfYUtsvv-fbo0FBMpwhZ4v0IHIxmMY7EfuBPhYCc4RKP5qSaCMWPxEctzTJ1M7ySmOilKu2qR7NaGzGTo-4hpO%7EO3IS2WTQBiCbk1r318O7UWgxQ23XhaXZyyqq5H0VDdaB6-ohvwM_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

^^ That's just weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Besiktas

Besiktas-JK-Formalari-2012.jpg

Fulham

New-Fulham-Home-Kit-2013.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

TaosHum wrote: »
    Besiktas

Besiktas-JK-Formalari-2012.jpg

Fulham

Fulham one is nice but think I'd be a bit pissed off if i were a parent shelling out 60 quid for a shirt not a million miles from the old one. It smacks of change for changes sake.

tbh wrote: »
    Fulham one is nice but think I'd be a bit pissed off if i were a parent shelling out 60 quid for a shirt not a million miles from the old one. It smacks of change for changes sake.
    ...like every team:confused:

e
    tbh wrote: »
    ...like every team:confused:
    i think the Fulham one is taking the michael, to be honest, at a glance you'd hardly notice any change at all.

this is the bit whwre someone posts a pic of the old kit and shows that it looks completely different, and makes me look quite the tit. i should just point out that in my head, new and old kit are almost exactly the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Fulham

2agw1gy.jpg

Since you asked . . .

yeah the one in my head was the actual one. Not different enough, imho. Change for the sake of it. Other opinions may vary

Morf wrote: »
    2agw1gy.jpg

Since you asked . . .
    And I think this was one from the year before
    home-kit2010-11.jpg
    But in fairness, most EPL teams do this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is it now the norm for every prem team to change all jerseys every season? Everton have brought out 3 new ones for about 10 years now but it looks like more are doing the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

everyone has 2 new jerseys a year pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Helix wrote: »
    everyone has 2 new jerseys a year pretty much
    Yes there about 40 new shirts every season . I miss the old days of a home kit lasting 2 year's at least .

Nottingham Forest

New-Nottingham-Forest-Home-Kit-2012-13.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is it just me or does anyone think that both Notts Forest Jerseys are very nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Is it just me or does anyone think that both Notts Forest Jerseys are very nice?

They are very nice, certainly better than most of the other kits in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

The Forest one is quality although it very similar to this England GK shirt.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/englandgoalkeeper.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Real Betis

Home

58050900_01_medium_58050900.jpg

Away

58050901_01_medium_58050901.jpg

Third

58051188_01_medium_58051188.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

Raekwon wrote: »
    Real Betis

Home

58050900_01_medium_58050900.jpg

Away

58050901_01_medium_58050901.jpg

Third

58051188_01_medium_58051188.jpg

They will be using that third kit a lot given how much green is in both the home and away tops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

eire4 wrote: »
    They will be using that third kit a lot given how much green is in both the home and away tops.

Yep, just a money spinner to sell more jerseys

Parma Away

Parma-Away-Kit-12-13.jpg

Third

Parma-Third-Jersey.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Parma Away

Parma-Away-Kit-12-13.jpg

Third

Parma-Third-Jersey.jpg

Want, Want, WANT!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Those Parma jerseys are rotten in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Those Parma jerseys are rotten in my opinion.
    Shtop, they are awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nottingham Forest

New-Nottingham-Forest-Home-Kit-2012-13.jpg

Smashing jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Northampton Town new home shirt, quite nice. HomeShirt-400.jpg
    And the slightly horrible away shirt. AwayShirt-400.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Lovely kits both of them.

Gotta say, Umbro do cracking jerseys by and large. Especially when you compare it to the identikit muck Adidas and Nike consistently churn out for the bigger teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

cson wrote: »
    Lovely kits both of them.

Gotta say, Umbro do cracking jerseys by and large. Especially when you compare it to the identikit muck Adidas and Nike consistently churn out for the bigger teams.

Nike's kits are usually crap quality wise as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'll in love with our blue away strip, absolutely class. But i think the home one is pretty ordinary. I'll be purchasing both, even if i'm really annoyed by the club launching a new home jersey every season for the last 4 years. It's becoming quite tiresome and expensive.

I certainly do feel for parents with kids nagging them every July for the new shirt. It needs to end. Especially given the current economic times we live in. A new shirt every 2 seasons is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The_Kew_Tour viewpost.gif

I'll in love with our blue away strip, absolutely class. But i think the home one is pretty ordinary. I'll be purchasing both, even if i'm really annoyed by the club launching a new home jersey every season for the last 4 years. It's becoming quite tiresome and expensive.

I certainly do feel for parents with kids nagging them every July for the new shirt. It needs to end. Especially given the current economic times we live in. A new shirt every 2 seasons is more than enough.

:eek:

• Advertisement

martyeds wrote: »

what needs to end is parents buying little johnny a shirt because he persistently asks for it, particularly if they can't afford it

nobody forces anyone to buy a football jersey. if they want it, they can get it - the option is there. you'd swear that nobody bought clothes ever, except when they were forced at gunpoint to buy a new footie kit. christ almighty

martyeds wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The_Kew_Tour viewpost.gif

:eek:
    Are you ok there? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

what needs to end is parents buying little johnny a shirt because he persistently asks for it, particularly if they can't afford it

nobody forces anyone to buy a football jersey. if they want it, they can get it - the option is there. you'd swear that nobody bought clothes ever, except when they were forced at gunpoint to buy a new footie kit. christ almighty

I agree 100%, but that was not my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I think kids should be bought at least one if not multiple jerseys every year. Durable, well liked, nay, loved garments; worn without complaint. Easy cleaned and dried for parents. Football jerseys represent a bargain for parents if the truth is told. In fact smart parents should encourage the purchase of kits as gifts by aunts and uncles. Me and the missus are always welcome by our nephews as we bring jerseys at the present giving times!

Napoli

SSC-Napoli-Home-Shirt-2012-13.jpg

Wolfsburg Away

New-VFL-Wolfsburg-Jersey-12-13.jpg

did macron run out of material for the collar on that napoli one?

I think kids should be bought at least one if not multiple jerseys every year. Durable, well liked, nay, loved garments; worn without complaint. Easy cleaned and dried for parents. Football jerseys represent a bargain for parents if the truth is told. In fact smart parents should encourage the purchase of kits as gifts by aunts and uncles. Me and the missus are always welcome by our nephews as we bring jerseys at the present giving times!

actually that's a great point

a footie jersey would get more wear than any other item of clothing for a kid, and it'd last longer

Napoli

SSC-Napoli-Home-Shirt-2012-13.jpg
    You beat me to it!

That collar is messed up. But i'll buy regardless. It's one to savour because of the Coppa Italia champions circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

That Wolfsburg jersey would be nice without that ugly VW logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

That wolsburg shirt reminds me of this thread in AH
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055568883

• Advertisement
Advertisement